Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images

How low can you go..

with just a sleeping bag liner at around 55 or above ( mostly 60 plus degrees ) Im wondering about just getting one for the summer to sleep in on its own. I was considering:

Cocoon 100 percent coolmax mummyliner
    http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___45918

Sea to summit adaptor coolmax travel liner
    http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___83046

open to others. just looking for an answer to the above questions and the people of this wonderful forum's replies thankyou in advance for any feedback
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    I picked up a very thin fleece sleeping bag liner from dicks sporting goods for $10. Its pretty much the same thing jrb sells but obvious cheaper made. I cut it up and made it into a TQ and at 11oz love it. I've slept in it comfortably in 47 degrees twice and 45 once. I thought I would only get 60 out of it. I also wear my clothes when I sleep, tights and t-shirt and long sleeve thin fleece. In 45 degrees I also wore a synthetic vest. I was using a 3 season phoenix UQ which I'm sure has a lot to do with it.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    oh yea man ive seen the fleece at dicks. thats what got me thinkin. I just wanted my summer gear to be under a pound you know. so my mind is racing. how do you think those two choices would be above or you think I should do the dicks fleece route?
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    what about a coolmax line and a silk liner both will be around 16oz together.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    bump......

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I have slept mostly warm into the mid-40s with a fleece sleeping bag from Walmart that I cut open to make a quilt. Was far from ideal, but it got me through the night. I'd say 50° is about as low as I'd take it comfortably.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I have slept mostly warm into the mid-40s with a fleece sleeping bag from Walmart that I cut open to make a quilt. Was far from ideal, but it got me through the night. I'd say 50° is about as low as I'd take it comfortably.
    thankyou for the help sir. what do you think about JRB fleece summer blanket?

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Never tried it. In fact, until I read your post, I didn't even know it existed.
    I imagine it's the same thing, or better, than the fleece bags at the box stores. Except of course, it's already cut into a quilt shape; footbox and all. Not sure what weight fleece the box stores use, but the Jacks say "100 weight". I'll have to remember to look next time I'm at Wallyworld and see what weight their fleeces claim.

One thing, fleece doesn't compress...AT ALL! Amazing how much space one of those things can take in a pack.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Never tried it. In fact, until I read your post, I didn't even know it existed.
    I imagine it's the same thing, or better, than the fleece bags at the box stores. Except of course, it's already cut into a quilt shape; footbox and all. Not sure what weight fleece the box stores use, but the Jacks say "100 weight". I'll have to remember to look next time I'm at Wallyworld and see what weight their fleeces claim.

One thing, fleece doesn't compress...AT ALL! Amazing how much space one of those things can take in a pack.
    how can this be cannibal! your the master of all things hammock!! if I got the jrb id hang it to the bottom of my pack. im afraid of 18 ounces but thats alot lighter than my other summer bag. so it might be worth it

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    how can this be cannibal! your the master of all things hammock!!
    It's a lot harder to keep up with everything than it used to be.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast