Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stefprez View Post
    Granted, I am pretty sure you have to be a member for this to apply, but yup! Only downside is having to pay the shipping to return it to them, but if you don't have any stores in your area, it may be worth it. I had one right by my house back in Michigan, but now, going to school in Upstate NY, the closest one to me is still probably the one right by my house in Michigan... That's why I just looked into it. If you aren't an REI member, it is definitely worth the $20 lifetime membership cost if you shop there enough.

Edit: Also, check out the REI Siesta Sheet. It's on sale for $20 right now, and looks like it'll fit the bill.
    yea my closest is atlanta or I thinkones in NC ive never been in one. ( sad I know ) I might look in to that. thanx boss
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit NylonD 1.0
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Kevlar
    Images
    No problemo. Happy huntin' to ya.

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    Experimenting
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps
    REI is a VERY DANGEROUS place. Messes with your brain chemistry.

By way of example: My wife's daughter is a self-proclaimed city girl. Her idea of camping is no room service. Went into the local REI with me and the wifey the other day while I spent my Father's Day money.

We had to drag her out at closing time. Kept saying on the way home, "I love that place!"

You have been warned...
    Ignorance is temporary. Stupid is forever...

I'm not high maintenance! I'm simply low tolerance.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    haha Oh i know rei is a great place. I have bought stuff online but where I live rei is a little far away. so I mustly buy online or go to dicks haha
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    with just a sleeping bag liner at around 55 or above ( mostly 60 plus degrees ) Im wondering about just getting one for the summer to sleep in on its own. I was considering:

Cocoon 100 percent coolmax mummyliner
    http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___45918

Sea to summit adaptor coolmax travel liner
    http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___83046
    I noticed that you're in SC. What are the summer time temps like there? Are you saying that where you are will be around 60ish night time for summer??

I don't know how flexable you are, but I know that I would have serious issues trying to get inside a "mummyliner" in a hammock. (it would not be a pretty sight)

I use a silk sheet (flat rectangle shaped piece of silk) for summer time. With night time temps going from 79 and up, the silk is sometimes more than I need!!. Between temps of about 55 to 79, I'll be using an IX under quilt (w/my BB) with the silk liner inside the hammock. If I get cold, I put on more clothes. If I'm car camping (or at BSA summer camp) I'll have my summer down TQ with me too. I've found that I can shift the down away from me and get the temp ratings pretty good. Now if the night time temps are over 79ish, that down gets tossed out the hammock, it's way to hot for it. Again, that's when the silk sheet really shines. Where I camp usually, it's HOT, it's HUMID, it tends to sprinkle in the afternoon (making it hotter and more humid) and it also cools down more than 20 or 25 degrees at night. So even if that night time temp is still high, it feels low compaired with the day time high temps. Again, this is where the silk top sheet works out well. It keeps me dry from the humidity and at a comfortable temperture.
    I don't know is any of this will help you out any in figuring out what all you'll need. I figured out my sleep system by trial and error. Just make sure you have back-up equipment (extra blankets, more clothes) to add incase you get cold.
    Oh, one more thing to take into consideration, notice where people live that are posting to you. Folks that tend to live in colder climates, also tend to be able to stand colder temps. And what works for one person, may not work for another. I've found that a LOT of testing my gear in different temps and conditions to be the best indicator of what works "for me".

TinaLouise

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123