WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Sorry to hear it MM. My heartfelt condolences... peace be with you.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    Sorry for you loss. Never easy to loose someone special to us.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    It's over and some thoughts.
    First a huge outpouring of support from members of this forum just showing what we already know-that for some strange reason people willing to hang in a tree are also the type to reach out to people in need, a place where even strangers offer support and
    prayers. Thank you all-your words hit deep at a time when really needed.
    Now some advice...
    We the living can do a lot for those down the road who will have to deal with our passing. I had to knock on the door of a little lady up the street and ask for help finding a burial dress in my mom's closets....this is something you or I can do now, in fact every detail of the process can be specified now-the funeral home has a kit that takes just a little while to fill out-so think about making it easier for whoever will have to make these decisions sooner or later.
    Price shock. We've all heard that it is expensive. It is. I never put anybody's feet to the fire and ask 'now exactly how much did you pay', so plan for this now-prepay for the funeral now if you can, lock into a price now too if possible. Recently read about a mass grave in Syria where hundreds of bodies were simply dumped so our system is a good one but yes it is costly.
    Go through the process, step by step, even if you dont want to, dont skip any of the parts--they are there for a reason, for reasons that have developed over much time. An example-finding my mom as I did was ghastly-a horrible image, but in our system we have a viewing where the lost family member is presented in an image you want to remember-this is so important and I never thought why, now I know.
    Lastly, a lot of people are going to offer help....maybe too many people. Let them help, its is good, for you and them.
    Again thanks to this family.
    R

Hammock
    DIY DigiCamo Hennessy Clone
    Tarp
    DIY Hex tarp
    Insulation
    Modded CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Wow man, heart wrenching. My deepest condolences on the loss of your Mom, I know that I will be devastated when my mom passes, but have to accept that most likely she will before I do. I have to stay strong and be prepared.

I will echo the same things as you as well, when my father passed away he didn't have his arrangements in order. While it wasn't too horrible, we got it handled. My step father passed a couple of years ago, and since everything was taken care of, it was smooth, same when my grandfather (who was my hero) passed away.

People don't think about death, but it is one of the few guarantees we have. Prepare now, and save your family from having to deal with it then. I've started working on getting mine straight. Got the plot for me and Jess, next is to get the rest settled.

You offer advice in a time of pain, it shows how you wish for others to learn from your life as you go, there is no better gift you can give us than life lessons to learn from so we don't have to learn them for ourselves, or our families have to learn them in our passing.

I pray for comfort in your heart and soul, celebrate the life that was, and the life that is. May God prepare a place and recieve her in all his glory and love. I know what you are going through as a somewhat similar thing happened with my Dad. I don't wish it on anyone, we just do the best we can and refocus ourselves to our current responsibilities once it's all over.

God Bless you man, the pain recedes and the wonderful memories will remain. She's never gone as long as you never forget.
    Fulfillment is living a life that makes the lives of others worth living.
    DIY is addicting and fulfilling!
    "If guns kill people, then pencils mispell words, cars cause people to drink and drive, and spoons made Rosie O'donnell fat."

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    I am so sorry you had to lose your mom that way. My mother and father smoke heavily and my father drinks just as heavy. Mom is short and round god bless her. I know its a matter of time for it all catches up with them but I don't think anyone could ever prepare for it.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    It's over and some thoughts.
    First a huge outpouring of support from members of this forum just showing what we already know-that for some strange reason people willing to hang in a tree are also the type to reach out to people in need, a place where even strangers offer support and
    prayers. Thank you all-your words hit deep at a time when really needed.
    Now some advice...
    We the living can do a lot for those down the road who will have to deal with our passing. I had to knock on the door of a little lady up the street and ask for help finding a burial dress in my mom's closets....this is something you or I can do now, in fact every detail of the process can be specified now-the funeral home has a kit that takes just a little while to fill out-so think about making it easier for whoever will have to make these decisions sooner or later.
    Price shock. We've all heard that it is expensive. It is. I never put anybody's feet to the fire and ask 'now exactly how much did you pay', so plan for this now-prepay for the funeral now if you can, lock into a price now too if possible. Recently read about a mass grave in Syria where hundreds of bodies were simply dumped so our system is a good one but yes it is costly.
    Go through the process, step by step, even if you dont want to, dont skip any of the parts--they are there for a reason, for reasons that have developed over much time. An example-finding my mom as I did was ghastly-a horrible image, but in our system we have a viewing where the lost family member is presented in an image you want to remember-this is so important and I never thought why, now I know.
    Lastly, a lot of people are going to offer help....maybe too many people. Let them help, its is good, for you and them.
    Again thanks to this family.
    R
    Very good advice MM.

I saw to both of my parents final needs and know it can be overwhelming.

Prayers and condolences sent
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Hammock
    Hennessy Safari, Eno Doublenest
    Insulation
    Homemade Undrquilt
    Wow.. My condolences. I am pretty much at a loss. Thanks for the advice though. It's something people just don't want to talk about.

Just saw this thread for the first time, all I can say is "WOW", what a tough woman! My sincere condolences to you and the fam! If there is anything I can do (other than pray, which is already done) let me know!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Cranky Bear, you make a good point... MMan will come away from all this with good memories of a strong matriarch, which will help him in ways that he will never anticipate.
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images

Reflections

Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    Cranky Bear, you make a good point... MMan will come away from all this with good memories of a strong matriarch, which will help him in ways that he will never anticipate.
    I will second that Mac, I was fortunate enough to have two strong women who were my Mother & Grandmother. My Mother died young at 61 and my Grandmother wasted away through a long illness at 80. She did not look at all like herself the day she passed and it was a heart wrenching and hard ordeal, both dieing within a year of each other. But like what MM said about mortuaries presenting your loved one in a good image to remember is vital, and that made a real difference to me after that dreadful day.
    They were both beautiful and youthful women with unmovable determination who supported my endeavors whole heartily and set an example for me to carry on in the same way.
    God Bless you MedicineMan that you will come out of this a fine reflection of your heritage.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast