Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.0!
    Tarp
    Superfly!
    Images

DBL 1.0 with superfly and pictures!

So I finally had a chance to setup my dbl 1.0 and superfly. Lucky for me my JRB STLS (man, so many acronyms, lol) came in at the same time!

Here's a shot setup between trees that were about 12' apart. Think the angle looks right?

Picture with the superfly; notice the JRB STL. For the door tieouts I used about 5' of shockcord. Seems like I got the best closed door 'seal' when I brought the shockcord to the hammock tieout on the opposite side. Going to the corner of the other door did not make for taught doors...but maybe that had something to do with the angle/height of the superfly?

Here's a shot of the JRB STL, so far they're great!

And here's a shot of a fairly large run that's in my bug netting, only 'flaw' I noticed on the hammock, but hopefully nothing to worry about. The lady friend says some clear nail polish on the ends will keep it from growing?

Got to sleep in it Sunday night and absolutely loved it. Felt like I was sleeping on air! Super easy to setup and it seems that the dbl 1.0 gives me a better lay than the dbl 1.7 that my buddy has (got to sleep in it for a week last summer).

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    Great stuff. I got mine last week (1.1 dbl)and slept in it friday, really liked it. I have a tarp for now, but the superfly will most likely be my next purchase.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    IDK about that run dude! Did you bring it up to Brandon? Nice setup though, gonne take my 1.0 dbl WBBB out on its maiden hang this weekend. It'll be nestled under a superfly as well.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hearn View Post
    Think the angle looks right?
    It looks like you might need to raise your tree straps just a little. You want to make sure you can get about a 90-degree bend in your RL on your WBBB (more acronyms!) with you in it to ensure you get the proper amount of sag and a good flat lay. That said, "proper" is a relative term so the question is, did the lay feel right to you you? Start with minute adjustments and work from there. Nice looking setup, thanks for the great pics!
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 dbl
    Tarp
    Edge w/ Dutch CRL
    Insulation
    MambaTQ/PhoenixUQ
    Suspension
    D. Buckle/Whoopies
    Images
    Looks great! I've been drooling over a WBBB 1.0 double!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek UQ
    Suspension
    buckles
    I have a Superfly, and, to secure the doors, here is what I do:
    Pitched in bad weather mode, with the sides fairly steep, I tie my door ends off to the opposite corner stakes. I have a few feet of shock cord on the doors, with a piece of reflective cordage tied onto that, in a prussik, so its adjustable. That gives me some flexibility in adjusting the tension on the doors. With them tied at the corner stakes, it seals pretty tight-I havent had the opportunity to test it in a gale storm yet, but it seemed to seal tight when done in normal inclement weather.

Images
    those weaving flaws can be hard to see when cutting the fabric, we try to cut out any that we come accross. it doesn't look too bad, it will not fray or grow, and looks only cosmetic. if it causes ANY problem or if you simply don't like how it looks i'll swap you a new one.

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.0!
    Tarp
    Superfly!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Syb View Post
    It looks like you might need to raise your tree straps just a little. You want to make sure you can get about a 90-degree bend in your RL on your WBBB (more acronyms!) with you in it to ensure you get the proper amount of sag and a good flat lay. That said, "proper" is a relative term so the question is, did the lay feel right to you you? Start with minute adjustments and work from there. Nice looking setup, thanks for the great pics!
    Yeah the RL felt a little tight when I was laying in it...hard to put a 90* bend in it. The lay felt great though, I'll keep making small adjustments...

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    I have a Superfly, and, to secure the doors, here is what I do:
    Pitched in bad weather mode, with the sides fairly steep, I tie my door ends off to the opposite corner stakes. I have a few feet of shock cord on the doors, with a piece of reflective cordage tied onto that, in a prussik, so its adjustable. That gives me some flexibility in adjusting the tension on the doors. With them tied at the corner stakes, it seals pretty tight-I havent had the opportunity to test it in a gale storm yet, but it seemed to seal tight when done in normal inclement weather.
    I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    those weaving flaws can be hard to see when cutting the fabric, we try to cut out any that we come accross. it doesn't look too bad, it will not fray or grow, and looks only cosmetic. if it causes ANY problem or if you simply don't like how it looks i'll swap you a new one.
    Nah I'm not really worried about it...just don't want it to be a floodgate for bugs.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL/Nano 7/Nite Owl
    Tarp
    Camo Superfly
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Trunks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    if it causes ANY problem or if you simply don't like how it looks i'll swap you a new one.
    One of the many reasons I hang in a WBBB!

• + New Posts