Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Images

Cool Tadpole / seam sealer

Hello all , in my post about my W/L Tadpole I noted that I had set it up to seam seal it , (I wasnt put up to this) I need it to be clear that I didnt think it needed it , the quality , fit and finish on this tarp is second to none .

I think when I purchased the tarp it was about 330am and I was tired and I saw SEAM SEALER NOT INCLUDED so I think that I thought I needed it and purchased it...I have never seam sealed a tarp and looking at the ridgeline on the tadpole , the way its what Marty calls bluejean sewn , I can just about say that it didnt need to be sealed...its a very significant weld.

I just wanted to clear this up before someone got paranoid and DIDNT buy one from Marty over at Wilderness Logics , while I am on this topic...the tarp is totally customizable with add ons such as panel pulls and under tarp loops...their customer service , to be honest is the best I have recieved....so I am very sorry if I misled anyone....if I did, I didnt see it in any of the post made by my fellow bretheren of the hammock world...Semper FI HF!!!
    Chris Duke aka SWAMP FOOT

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampFoot View Post
    Hello all , in my post about my W/L Tadpole I noted that I had set it up to seam seal it , (I wasnt put up to this) I need it to be clear that I didnt think it needed it , the quality , fit and finish on this tarp is second to none .

I think when I purchased the tarp it was about 330am and I was tired and I saw SEAM SEALER NOT INCLUDED so I think that I thought I needed it and purchased it...I have never seam sealed a tarp and looking at the ridgeline on the tadpole , the way its what Marty calls bluejean sewn , I can just about say that it didnt need to be sealed...its a very significant weld.

I just wanted to clear this up before someone got paranoid and DIDNT buy one from Marty over at Wilderness Logics , while I am on this topic...the tarp is totally customizable with add ons such as panel pulls and under tarp loops...their customer service , to be honest is the best I have recieved....so I am very sorry if I misled anyone....if I did, I didnt see it in any of the post made by my fellow bretheren of the hammock world...Semper FI HF!!!
    I got a black one from them a few weeks ago and seam sealed it as it said that it needed to be done on their website. Now they are including a tube of sil-net with each tarp.

It's a great tarp and has performed very well for me in some pretty good rain.

Randy
    “Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared” - Jack Handy

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl , WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Oldman Winter
    Insulation
    WL TQ , HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies / Dutch
    Images
    I have one of the first Tadpole tarps and never sealed the seam. I dont recall the website ever saying to seal the seam, it just said seam sealer not included. Some hangers like piece of mind and seal their tarps. Alot of Tadpole users have not sealed it and made it through heavy rain with not one drop.

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin'Yankee View Post
    I got a black one from them a few weeks ago and seam sealed it as it said that it needed to be done on their website. Now they are including a tube of sil-net with each tarp.

It's a great tarp and has performed very well for me in some pretty good rain.

Randy

You see , I knew I wasnt crazy....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chris Duke aka SWAMP FOOT

• + New Posts