Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Kevlar
    Images

WTB: Ultralight Pack (30-40L)

Hello! If anyone has an Ultralight pack lying around in good shape they don't want, please let me know! Ideally, I'm looking for a Gossamer Gear Murmur (36L, 8.1oz) but let me know what you've got! I'd offer a trade, but I don't have too much to offer. Let me know and we can try to work something out though! Thanks

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    there's a zpacks blast 32 f/s on whiteblaze. $125
    10.7 oz.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit NylonD 1.0
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Kevlar
    Images
    Thanks for the tip. Checked it out, but all in all that seems a bit too pricey for me. Still lookin'...

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    I've got DIY variant of a G-4 made from cuben fiber. I'm not sure what the volume is, but I used it for a week in Dolly Sods a couple of years ago. I think it weighed about 25 lbs. packed, but I'd guess it's better suited to a 20 lb. load. If you're interested I'll post some pictures tomorrow. (It's in your price range. )

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Kevlar
    Images
    Definitely would be interested in a few pictures. Also a weight if you've got it!

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    I've got DIY variant of a G-4 made from cuben fiber. I'm not sure what the volume is, but I used it for a week in Dolly Sods a couple of years ago. I think it weighed about 25 lbs. packed, but I'd guess it's better suited to a 20 lb. load. If you're interested I'll post some pictures tomorrow. (It's in your price range. )
    If stefprez opts out of this, I'd like to take a look at your DIY WV.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Here's my DIY Cuben + White Widow Spectra pack. Let me say at the outset that it is used, abused, mended, and modified, but I'm fond of it, and I think it has many more trail miles left in it if it suits your style of backpacking. It weighs 8.3 ounces.

The main compartment is essentially a cuben (CT0.6K.08) stuff sack that is 28" in circumference and about 22" tall. It might hold about 20 liters. There are three large exterior mesh pockets - one on the back for tarps or wet items, and two side pockets. I use a Platypus hoser in one and a water bottle in the other, but they are big enough to hold other small items, too. The pockets might add as much as 10 liters to the pack volume.

The cuben (CTF3) material is much lighter than that used for most packs, and there was a problem with abrasion when I used it with a fanny pack. Originally only the top flap was White Widow Spectra, but after rubbing holes in the bottom of the pack, I doubled the entire back and bottom with Spectra fabric also. There's a nice zippered compartment on the underside of the top flap.

The straps are nice - cannibalized from another pack. Many of the sewn seams have been reinforced with cuben tape. The overall look and finish of the pack is CRUDE, but don't be deceived - it works. If you pack ultralight, this is a nice pack to take along. In an auction it would be marked "As Is," but not "For Parts." I'll sell it for $30 shipped, and will buy it back any time.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Kevlar
    Images
    You sir, have got yourself a deal! I must say, I'm fond of things with... character. I really appreciate all the quick info and pictures! I'll shoot you a PM right now.

• + New Posts