Blackbird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Aust, NSW, Sydney, Berowra Hang - 4,5th June

[I]Hi All,

Getting a group together for a hang next weekend being the 4th and 5th of June.

Camp site has been selected - Nth Calna Creek Campsite, Berowra Valley Regional Park.

The camp site is just north of crossland reserve and this is the shortest walk in to the site. Equal distance from Berowra and Mt Kuring-gai Stations and sits where Calna Creek meets Berowra Creek.

No walk route or times have been discussed as yet, so if you can make it for this overnighter just let your preferences be known and we can get something that suits all.

If you looking at some maps of the area, you can use the great north walk track as a indicator. This spots has heaps of ways and distances available to reach it. Berowra Waters, Mt Kuring-gai, Berowra, Crosslands, Galston Gorge…. are all possable starting points.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Integrated
    Insulation
    Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    'Biners & Rings
    Images
    I'm in mate! No preference on which way we head in, if there's a more scenic one I'm happy to give that a go!

What's parking like? I may bring the Bike or Car depending on the weather....

Looking forward to it!
    I likes me 'Ammocks & me Stowves'........

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Insulation
    Down Underquilt
    Suspension
    Webbing and Rings
    I'm in. Preference would be to get there with enough time to experiment with my new kit and toys if possible and break all the sticks into 3" sections for my new wood gas stove ;-). I'll also need to be back in the eastern suburbs by mid afternoon at the latest as Sunday is my wedding anniversary so I ought to make a showing for that one..
    Looking forward to it

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL & Sydney Arbor Bridge
    Tarp
    WB Edge & DD 3x3
    Insulation
    HG Burrow, WB Yeti
    Suspension
    AHE whoopies
    We got our Yetis UQs this week, so the missus and I are keen as well. Haven't been too keen to use pads again after our cold butt experience up at Boyd River Campsite a few weeks back.

We stopped in at Nth Calna last Sunday for an afternoon cuppa on the Bush Buddy, so I can confirm there's no shortage of twigs.

It's only fifteen or twenty minutes walk from Nth Calna to Crosslands if you want to park your car close by for a quick getaway. From memory, they unlock the access gate at 8am.
    善行無轍迹
    The skilful traveller leaves no traces of his wheels or footsteps
    -Lao Tzu

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Details??

So here are some ideas / suggestions.....

Route -

http://www.wildwalks.com/bushwalking...wra-creek.html

The wildwalks link above shows the Mt Kuring-gai Track to Berowra station walk that I did last weekend. We can do this walk and a car shuffle?

Or just do a half of it and return the same way. I think the Berowra side of the Calna camp sit is the better of the two.

Parking at either end is street parking.

Check out the pics on the link and see what you think... I just did that now and they are both nice... the car shuffle would get is seeing both.

Times -

Early in, early out....?

The walk in and out is not more than 90mins each. So we could meet at 12 and have a few hours in the campsite. Get away when we like in the morining to make sure Bateman is home in time to be a good husband.

What do you think?

PS - No water available so bring what you need.
    Last edited by Lepmeister; 05-29-2011 at 00:57.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl & DIY 1.5 Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben Baby !
    Insulation
    Phoenix's&Burrow's
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Guys, I'm shattered as I cannot get a leave pass for the night camping.
    Boss lady says no because I'm away for two nights the long weekend and then have a 4 night trip at the end of the month to Barrington Tops.

I have some new toys too I'm really keen to play with.

Is there any chance I could do the walk in at 12, set up some toys in the arvo, talk hammocks for a few hours then sadly pack up and walk out just before dark ??

Maybe someone might be able to meet me at a spot I could leave the car close to the campsite and I could do whatever walk in with the group. Then just a shorter hop back out to the car.

Really disapointed I cannot spend the night but I get a fair amount of "my" time as it is and doing a night away would stretch things thin.

Strange how an afternoon, even if I don't get home until 7pm is still okay ?? Weird !!
    I am a GEAR JUNKIE and GRAM COUNTER !!

There, It's out. I said it, Ahh I feel better now

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Integrated
    Insulation
    Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    'Biners & Rings
    Images
    Looks like it's going to be a great weekend to meet up with other Sydney Hammockers!

I live a couple of hours South of Berowra so I'm happy to pick Bateman up on the way through @ 10am to get to Berowra with plenty of time to spare before 12 Noon. Same with Pig.Slayer, I've got a seven seater car so we can use that to shuffle around and position everyone for suitable getaways the next morning. I need to be home at a reasonably sensible time on Sunday myself, so I can drop Bateman off again on the way through.....

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pig.slayer View Post
    Guys, I'm shattered as I cannot get a leave pass for the night camping.
    Boss lady says no because I'm away for two nights the long weekend and then have a 4 night trip at the end of the month to Barrington Tops.

I have some new toys too I'm really keen to play with.

Is there any chance I could do the walk in at 12, set up some toys in the arvo, talk hammocks for a few hours then sadly pack up and walk out just before dark ??

Maybe someone might be able to meet me at a spot I could leave the car close to the campsite and I could do whatever walk in with the group. Then just a shorter hop back out to the car.

Really disapointed I cannot spend the night but I get a fair amount of "my" time as it is and doing a night away would stretch things thin.

Strange how an afternoon, even if I don't get home until 7pm is still okay ?? Weird !!
    I can pick you up from Crosslands and then meet for the walk in. The gate closes at 5:30 for you to get back out of the crosslands reserve.

Did anyone have a preferance as a starting point? If more hang time rather than hike time is prefered we can all park at crosslands and its only short walk in and makes it easy for a early get out.

A overnight parking fee may apply? Marwood may be able to help us out on the details there from the overnighter at blackash you guys did?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL & Sydney Arbor Bridge
    Tarp
    WB Edge & DD 3x3
    Insulation
    HG Burrow, WB Yeti
    Suspension
    AHE whoopies
    We only did an afternoon hang at Blackash, but didn't stay the night, so I don't know for sure about the fees. But as far as I can tell from the Crosslands Reserve website, the fee is only for camping in the reserve, not for parking there.

If the preference is to park at Crosslands and set out from there, we could either just walk to the campsite, or alternatively stash the packs at the campsite and walk up to Naa Badu Lookout, then back to the campsite - just an option, and maybe a waste of good hanging time .
    善行無轍迹
    The skilful traveller leaves no traces of his wheels or footsteps
    -Lao Tzu

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl & DIY 1.5 Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben Baby !
    Insulation
    Phoenix's&Burrow's
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    I'm sure for those who may not stay that being out before 5:30 would be fine if the car was only 30 minutes to an hour from the camp site.

Having not been in that area before I just don't know though.

A walk in would be fun for those that can spare the time around lunchtime.
    I'm keen to load my pack and carry it..... somewhere ??? for a walk.
    Maybe some of us could wander in from Berowra, on the GNW if it heads through there anyway ??

Shaping up nicely this is !!
    I am a GEAR JUNKIE and GRAM COUNTER !!

There, It's out. I said it, Ahh I feel better now

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast