After much procrastination I have finally finished my new tarp the Hinterland Hideaway!! (yea!) I still need to seam seal it but here she is.
I made the corners and all perimeter pull outs 3 layers thick..two on the patch and one being the tarp itself. The panel pulls on the side are 500d cordura cuz I didn't want to make a double layer sil patch for some reason. All the patches were made to be pretty (to my eye) and functional. Future tarps will not be so fancy its too much work. Its probably a little over built, but its a lot of area to catch wind with and I'll sleep better knowing its pretty beefy.
Here's a few pix showing the concept in Sketchup, some of the details of corner patches etc, and the finished product. This project would not have been possible w/o Sketchup. Mocked up a lot of things on there before cutting fabric. I also haven't weighed it yet, so no info on that currently. Thanks for looking.