HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

First night in my WBBB 1.7 double

This spring has been a total loss for me in terms of camping - My Dad has not been well so I have been "commuting" from southern WV to Pgh PA on weekends to visit and to take care of his house. This has left no time for overnights, canoeing, hiking etc.

And me with a WB SuperFly and a WBBB that had only been set up indoors and test hung for a few minutes!

So, this past weekend, since I had Monday off I visited friends in Ohiopyle PA (on the Youghiogheny River), showing up mid-afternoon Sunday. I immediately hoofed it 50 yards into the woods above their cottage to my standard hammock-hanging location between two large oaks. These trees have held both my HH and my CJH, and now my WBBB.

Even though the weather was hot and sunny, I figured the night temps would get down to the 60s so I inserted a lightweight fleece throw blanket between layers. I had my Hammock Gear 3-S Burrow for top insulation.

Brandon, the WBBB is one comfortable hammock! Side, semi-side or back sleeping all are possible. Easy entry, easy exit. Handy shelf. We have a winner here!

The SuperFly is a fine piece of workmanship as well. Well-cut, it pitches taughtly and covers generously. For a mild night with only dew I really did not need the overall size of the WBSF, but it needed a test.

And the fleece underpad between layers was just perfect for keeping my kidneys sufficiently warmed so I was not up for nature calls four or six times over night!

Jim
    Happy Camper

Whoa! I forgot to mention that this was the first use of my 1.75 Zing-It CRL with Dutch Hook and Tarp Flyz. They performed admirably!
    Last edited by Jsaults; 05-31-2011 at 10:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsaults View Post
    This spring has been a total loss for me in terms of camping - My Dad has not been well so I have been "commuting" from southern WV to Pgh PA on weekends to visit and to take care of his house. This has left no time for overnights, canoeing, hiking etc.
    Jim
    Happy Camper
    Know what you mean...mom passed away on Feb 19th and I've moved in with dad who has Parkinson's and is 87. Luckily he has plenty of trees and fence posts about. I spent four nights camping in his yard this past weekend. Even made a fire pit where his garden used to be.

Your going to like your WBBB.

daryl
    Last edited by dlg62c; 06-01-2011 at 04:16.

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Strange coincidence.........

My Mom's birthday was 2/19/21.

No useful trees in Dad's yard, so I may have to fabricate one of the designs for a portable stand as seen on HF.

Good luck with your Dad.

Jim

• + New Posts