DIY SL 1.9 Black
    Tarp
    OES Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Big Agnes IAC
    Suspension
    Whoopies or cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    So admittedly it's a business. Businesses compete for customers, no?

Maybe it should be in a Vendors thread?

I scratch my head and rest my case... even I get tired of hitting my head on a brick wall
    Im reading this and and your past posts on this thread and they are leaving a bad taste man.

If you want to see whats going on just ask instead of making a big deal out of absolutely NOTHING

Theres no one stopping you from making a thread and selling your cans ( if you have any to begin with)

This DOES NOT need to be in a Vendors thread. When he runs out of cans to go get more someone else here will start to sell theirs.....this is no business

By everyone making a line for sale of the Cans this means we can ensure a STEADY SUPPLY TO THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE THEM. They do not need to do this but like Rusty said everyone here does play nice. not once have I seen anyone try and block out someones sale in anyway.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    I asked many questions that never got answered .. if you read it all it's plain to see.

I asked and was told there's a waiting list to sell cans. You didn't catch that response?

You want me to list the other questions I asked so I could be clear on the rules and then the responses I didn't get?

Didn't I quote where he said it was a business ... you obviously don't believe him?

BTW what makes you the arbiter of what and what doesn't belong in a vendors thread? You a mod here with 8 posts?

Hammock
    DIY SL 1.9 Black
    Tarp
    OES Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Big Agnes IAC
    Suspension
    Whoopies or cinch
    I asked many questions that never got answered .. if you read it all it's plain to see.

I asked and was told there's a waiting list to sell cans. You didn't catch that response?

You want me to list the other questions I asked so I could be clear on the rules and then the responses I didn't get?

Didn't I quote where he said it was a business ... you obviously don't believe him?

BTW what makes you the arbiter of what and what doesn't belong in a vendors thread? You a mod here with 8 posts?

Why not directly ask the original poster or ANY of the other members that have said they are going to sell as well ( make a list amongst yourselves)

He used the word business very loosely ( i believe Heineken is the runner of this market ) but that can be up for debate amongst those who want in on sales.

there is no set list of rules. If you talk to Rusty ( I dont know if you have) then he would probably be more than happy to help straighten things out. It would only make everything else easier to understand for everyone.

I dont see a link to a website for him to sell his cans. there is no reason for a vendors thread move.

I cant tell anyone what to do on here and I base my opinions of what is undoubtably the obvious.
    Last edited by JPsax; 07-05-2011 at 22:44.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    I'm sure glad yours is

Hammock
    DIY SL 1.9 Black
    Tarp
    OES Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Big Agnes IAC
    Suspension
    Whoopies or cinch
    I'm sure glad yours is
    have you spoken to him though? you guys can make the list and perhaps get it stickied on the appropriate page so that there is some order to this dwindling supply chain.

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    OK just so we are clear on my supply to meet demand:

I currently have a total of 31 cans to sell. I am seeking more.

Cost is being held steady at $10 a can, with shipping to CONUS (CONtinental United States)

All I have done to the cans is to remove the lid with a side cutting can opener. The drink tab has not been popped.

Modifications I would like to do:

Put a knob on the "lid"
    And the fiberglass wick to the side.
    Copper plate the bottom of the can

Questions?
    Rules to live by:The Wizards Rules
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    im just curious about why you would want to copper plate the bottom?
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    Improve the pots ability to exchange the heat from your stove to the water. Or at least that's my theory. Copper is a much better conductor of heat than the aluminum. Now there are a few concerns as to just replacing the bottom with a copper one like Tinny from Minibull Desgins use to.

1.) If the new bottom springs a leak, your left without a pot.
    2.) Copper can react with the acids in some foods, creating a "poison.

Copper plating fixes both issues. I could buy the necessary kits to do it all my self for about $200, but I rather leave it to a professional if I can for that price. If, it doesnt cost me an arm and a leg to do so.

But yeah, rambling aside, Improve the efficiency and you could further lighten your load by carrying less fuel in exchange for a thin layer of copper on the bottom.

Also I sent an email to the HF store about maybe custom making there own silicone wristband than could double as a lip guard for pots. Get the text printed on rather than cut out. I'm rather fond of the glow in the dark ones.
    Rules to live by:The Wizards Rules
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered and ENO DN
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheian View Post
    Improve the pots ability to exchange the heat from your stove to the water. Or at least that's my theory. Copper is a much better conductor of heat than the aluminum. Now there are a few concerns as to just replacing the bottom with a copper one like Tinny from Minibull Desgins use to.

1.) If the new bottom springs a leak, your left without a pot.
    2.) Copper can react with the acids in some foods, creating a "poison.

Copper plating fixes both issues. I could buy the necessary kits to do it all my self for about $200, but I rather leave it to a professional if I can for that price. If, it doesnt cost me an arm and a leg to do so.

But yeah, rambling aside, Improve the efficiency and you could further lighten your load by carrying less fuel in exchange for a thin layer of copper on the bottom.

Also I sent an email to the HF store about maybe custom making there own silicone wristband than could double as a lip guard for pots. Get the text printed on rather than cut out. I'm rather fond of the glow in the dark ones.
    I would think you could electroplate (sp?) the bottoms with some homemade rig for far less than $200. Now I wanna try. Think I may grab a Fosters can and give it a try. Can't find any Heini cans around here.
    If you don't try due to fear of failure you've already failed due to fear.

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789