WBBB 1.1dl HB noseeum modified
    Tarp
    WB BMJ, HH hex
    Insulation
    winter incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing

This forum is bad on the wallet.

After oggling other people's set-ups I ended up ordering a WBBB 1.1. Sheesh, I only just finished modding my Hammock Bliss No seeum hammock with an adjustable ridge line and webbing suspension and have only hung in it twice! Well I suppose its now my spare hammock or my experiment hammock. I will be up to three hammocks when the blackbird arrives. Since I have so many new toys to play with, I took July 30-Aug 7th off to head up to the SHT. I have three midweek 3 day off stretches to test gear before I go.

Now I need to replace my HH hex with something lighter in the same size range 144"x115". I was looking at the Superfly while I was ordering but don't know about the whole doors business as I don't camp in the winter.(yet) It would still be lighter than the hex fly, though.(1.9 lbs!) So many choices! Spinn or Sil or Cuben, Oh My!

Hammock
    Hennessey Asym
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    Lots of it!!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You are deep in the throes of GAD or Gear Acquisition Disorder. It is quite common in environments such as this. Sometimes it can cause SAS or Spousal Aggravation Syndrome a sometimes fatal condition. lol
    Silver on the Sage, Starlit Sky's above, Swingin' from the trees in a Hammock that I love.....

Hammock
    Thunderbird, DIY 11'
    Tarp
    Superfly, HG
    Insulation
    DIY, HG, UGQ
    Suspension
    lots
    Images
    Doody,

hah, Glad to see it is not only me. I just received my 1.1 - you are going to love it. Like you, I had just finished improving my ENO doublenest with all new suspension, straps, ridgeline. I only spent 1 night in it before I bought the Blackbird. The worst part is that all of the upgrades for the ENO and then the WB ended up on the same creditcard bill --OUCH! I bought the Edge tarp at the same time (-$10 if bought with hammock). This is a great medium sized tarp (126x94) - It has great coverage length wise and the width allows a nice high placement with good side coverage without that closed in feeling. There is not much modding needed for the blackbird. Other than whoopies for some, the only thing I have really seen is making the zipper side tie-out removable - and that is cheap.
    Enjoy your new digs and hopefully the Significant Other takes kindly to you disappearing for the night when the temps hit 60 or the forecast calls for rain.
    Jason

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    WB SF camo
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wi1ecoyote View Post
    Sometimes it can cause SAS or Spousal Aggravation Syndrome a sometimes fatal condition. lol
    Definitely can cause SAS. However, being a hammock hanger you have something more comfortable than the traditional doghouse to be banished to.

Keith
    Last edited by kgbenson; 06-30-2011 at 11:55.

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ, HH hex
    Insulation
    winter incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Well I don't have to worry about SAS anyway Being single does have its advantages at times. I'll get to use the Hammock Bliss a couple more times before the WBBB shows up, I'm sure. I'm going for an overnight tonight.

Hammock
    RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    9X11 DIY Syl
    Insulation
    DIY UQ + TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + huggers
    Just wait until you catch DIY-itis....symptoms include excessive shoping at fabric stores and numerous conversations about sewing machines, thread tension, and fabric lengths. Along with a contributing factor to SAS, taking over at least one room in the house with bolts of fabric, thread and bobbin containers, down feathers, and miles of cordage.

WELCOME THE MADNESS!!!

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles

To quote Ewker, "Just saying......"

For crying out loud, I am thinking of designing a new out building on my property so I have room to sew and set up and store gear. That is really gonna cost me, cuz the wonderful wife will want an art studio to go along with it. What fun it would be.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Tarp
    WB BMJ, HH hex
    Insulation
    winter incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    My sun porch is now my hammock/backpacking/camping room.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    What wallet?

When my girlfriend and I were looking for a house to live in, we had to account for an extra bedroom. I outgrew a gear closet a few years ago. I have a gear room these days...and no savings account.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images

From a prior post...

Do you or someone you know suffer from Hammock Gear Acquisition Syndrome of HGAS? When diet and exercise aren't enough, adding the Hammock Debt Protection Plan may decrease the amount you spend on gear from 39 to 60 percent. Unlike some other bank-account-reducing medications, the Hammock Debt Protection Plan is HammockForums approved to reduce the risk of overspending, depleting bank accounts and spousal disapproval. The Hammock Debt Protection Plan is not for everyone including people who surround themselves with others suffering from HGAS, frequent hangers or those who may become hangers. You need a simple balance statement from your bank to check for HGAS problems. Tell your doctor and your local cottage industry manufacturer if you are taking other medications that cause you to repeatedly click "Check Out Now". This may be a sign of a rare but serious side effect.

Ask your doctor about The Hammock Debt Protection Plan... for your life and your hammock gear.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration nor the hammockforums.net moderators. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Results may not be typical.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast