Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detman101 View Post
    I want to do this, but I have a Grand Trunk Skeeter Beater and the net is built into it. I can't run the ridgeline to my descender rings without cutting into the netting. And the, if I decide to flip it over and not use the netting, The ridgeline would be stuck inside the netting side.

Making it detachable would work perfectly, but that netting is in the way....

Advice?
    Wow, old thread. You could suspend the netting from the outide to the RL then disconnect the netting from the RL to flip over the hammock. The RL won't support the neting as cleanly from the outside versus when it's inside the netting. You could also make the RL detachable so you can just disconnect and reconnect when flipping it over.
    Last edited by Bubba; 07-10-2014 at 10:30.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 40
    Hi SYB do you have a photo?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC - DL
    Tarp
    CG 15'x10'
    Insulation
    DD UnderBlanket
    Suspension
    straps, cinch bckl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Wow, old thread. You could suspend the netting from the outide to the RL then disconnect the netting from the RL to flip over the hammock. The RL won't support the neting as cleanly from the outside versus when it's inside the netting. You could also make the RL detachable so you can just disconnect and reconnect when flipping it over.
    That a good point!
    The netting on the Skeeter beater is so huge though. It sags in my face when I use an external ridgeline tied off to trees...lol
    I can only imagine how low it will sag using it attached to my descender rings!

Next hammock will definitely be a warbonnet blackbird....

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    That a good point!
    The netting on the Skeeter beater is so huge though. It sags in my face when I use an external ridgeline tied off to trees...lol
    I can only imagine how low it will sag using it attached to my descender rings!

Next hammock will definitely be a warbonnet blackbird....
    My TTTG Switchback Light Hiker's bugnet is similar to the skeeter beater in terms of the bugnet being the same dimensions as the hammock body. It does not have a SRL and suspends the bugnet via shock cord connected to cordage that is then connected to the trees separate from the hammock suspension. It works well to get lots of head room and to get all the bug netting away from you.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CG 15'x10'
    Insulation
    DD UnderBlanket
    Suspension
    straps, cinch bckl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    My TTTG Switchback Light Hiker's bugnet is similar to the skeeter beater in terms of the bugnet being the same dimensions as the hammock body. It does not have a SRL and suspends the bugnet via shock cord connected to cordage that is then connected to the trees separate from the hammock suspension. It works well to get lots of head room and to get all the bug netting away from you.
    Understood, and that works great if you're willing to run another line for your bugnet...
    I guess I'm just tired of being limited by the design of my skeeter beater. I think the Warbonnet Blackbird would just work out better for me. Their bugnet is able to roll up/back and tie off to the SRL for those times when you want to lay out in the breeze.
    I like that.

I know that I can just flip my Skeeter Beater over and lay on the other side with the bugnet under me, but when the bugs do come out I have to go back to my pack and get my tarp ridgeline out and run that across the trees and then clip the bugnet onto it (I have a mini carabiner holding each pair of the bugnet loops together).

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Understood, and that works great if you're willing to run another line for your bugnet...
    I guess I'm just tired of being limited by the design of my skeeter beater. I think the Warbonnet Blackbird would just work out better for me. Their bugnet is able to roll up/back and tie off to the SRL for those times when you want to lay out in the breeze.
    I like that.

I know that I can just flip my Skeeter Beater over and lay on the other side with the bugnet under me, but when the bugs do come out I have to go back to my pack and get my tarp ridgeline out and run that across the trees and then clip the bugnet onto it (I have a mini carabiner holding each pair of the bugnet loops together).
    Can't go wrong with a WBBB. Its my primary hammock and I use it in all seasons.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CG 15'x10'
    Insulation
    DD UnderBlanket
    Suspension
    straps, cinch bckl
    Images
    I'll get one later this year.
    Definitely before winter.

• + New Posts