Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web

the great debate: upgrade current or get new?

so im planning a trip soon, just something to clear my head a little.

as it sits now i have an eno DN, and to be complete id need at least a tarp and bugnet. the net can be about 60 shipped and the tarp, ive allotted about $100 for, give or take. id also like to get a whoopie sling all in one for 50

so i can do all that, or i can buy a WBBB for roughly the same price and figure out a tarp.

im pretty well set on the WB as my next hammock, considering the footbox. unless the claytor is ok to be used laying diagonal. but im not sure if id rather get a whole new one and figure out the tarp or get the stuff to upgrade the eno and be set.

and last thing, if i treat the hammock with ye olde permethrin would i even need a bug net? thanks!
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    DIY/Hammock Bliss/GT UL
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    diy uq
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    I could go either way. If you're at all into diy, I'd check out this for a bug net solution, because it would cost you under $20. For the tarp and whoopie slings, I'd check out Wilderness Logics. I have the big daddy tarp for $85 shipped and love it. Whatever you buy for the ENO can be transferred to the WBBB if and when you get one. At the same time, you could go ahead and get the WBBB, and wait for one of the guide gear tarps to come up for sale here for around $25. You can also always go with the good old fashion poly tarp for $10 until you save up some more bucks. Its really up to your preferences, but I believe I'd upgrade the rest of my kit first since the ENO is a quite serviceable hammock. No matter what you do, at least you'll be off the ground!!

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jraffini View Post
    I could go either way. If you're at all into diy, I'd check out this for a bug net solution, because it would cost you under $20. For the tarp and whoopie slings, I'd check out Wilderness Logics. I have the big daddy tarp for $85 shipped and love it. Whatever you buy for the ENO can be transferred to the WBBB if and when you get one. At the same time, you could go ahead and get the WBBB, and wait for one of the guide gear tarps to come up for sale here for around $25. You can also always go with the good old fashion poly tarp for $10 until you save up some more bucks. Its really up to your preferences, but I believe I'd upgrade the rest of my kit first since the ENO is a quite serviceable hammock. No matter what you do, at least you'll be off the ground!!
    couldnt have picked a better tarp man. Wilderness logics is aweasome . you could also try the warbonnet bugnet
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    im not a diy guy, and i was a bit leery of that gear guide tarp for the size it was. ive not seen a whole lot of reviews and was worried for the price that it would be a glorified blue tarp (which i wont get, noisy and heavy)

yall know of any links to the GG tarp review?

also, the big daddy now is 90 and 105 with the pullouts im wanting, plus it isnt camo (not a deal breaker, but a plus none the less) so theyre all running about neck and neck
    Last edited by default; 06-03-2011 at 22:27.
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

• + New Posts