Tarp
    WB Edge spinn
    Insulation
    Yeti3S JRB HudRiv
    Suspension
    dynaglide whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    You provoked me to go out today for lunch and thanks for that (ended as a 6 hours tour). I took a bag pack, put in a tarp, a hammock, a heavy synthetic under quilt, a heavy synthetic sleeping bag, a pillow, 2 pegs, a knife, a jacket, lunch and some water. Took 10 minutes and of I went.
    The pictures are below.

But I see you are already there. Living in the middle of it all.

So happy hanging.
    Awesome! We also do alot of mt.biking and hammocks are perfect match! Good show!

I am fortunate to have found this nice home. Even though it's hard to leave home, it's still nice to get out and away from all the reminders of the work and chores i have to do. I didn't take any pics of those.

Hiking and camping are still just as important to me as when i lived in town.
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. Marrianne Williamson Let your light shine!

Hammock
    Traveller,Speer,BIAS,Hennessy Asym.
    Tarp
    OES Strd, OES Wint
    Insulation
    HG Full length.
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    Images

Oh, I do!

I love it all. And I love to work. I rent. As far as backpacking...I can't make that my life. I have a child and I take that resposibility seriously. But we are outside all the time and enjoy our surroundings and nature very much. I wasn't complaining about being so busy; there is just so much assuming that a woman would not know about all that it takes in keeping up a home and all. I happend to do both, the cooking, cleaning and crafts, and the maintenance and work. I would not trade it. My daughter knows that a woman is capable of doing what many choose not to . I guess it's like a pet peeve of sorts for me.
    I am blessed to live in some incredible natural beauty and I make the time to explore as much of it as I can. I hope you can do the same. Just simplify and reduce your overhead and you'll be able to get out in the woods more.....

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkerik View Post
    Even though it's hard to leave home, it's still nice to get out and away from all the reminders of the work and chores i have to do. I didn't take any pics of those.

Ever thought of downsizing. I have some land and the pictures are from that land. I want to build a little house around 10 - 20 square meters (107 - 215 square foot) and then maybe sell the place that I am living in at the moment.

Small is beautiful because of its simplicity and living is cheap.

http://www.tinyhousedesign.com/

http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Ever thought of downsizing. I have some land and the pictures are from that land. I want to build a little house around 10 - 20 square meters (107 - 215 square foot) and then maybe sell the place that I am living in at the moment.

http://www.tinyhousedesign.com/

http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/
    NOW your talkin. One of my favorite books is "Builders on the pacific coast" by Lloyd Khan. Here's a link to some slideshow. In it there are a few caravans,little homes on a trailer which i quite like. Allot of the stuff in the book is of an era gone by having now been replaced by endless building codes altho you can still just do what you want,,,just not sell it later.
    http://www.shelterpub.com/_builders/BPC-slideshow.html
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    NOW your talkin.

Well, so are you. So are you.
    Works of art.
    My twin brother has drawn these ones for my land.
    Don’t know what it will all end up with though.

http://www.fbh.dk/www_arkitektur/14.htm

http://www.fbh.dk/www_arkitektur/13.htm

http://www.fbh.dk/www_arkitektur/12.htm

http://www.fbh.dk/www_arkitektur/11.htm

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge spinn
    Insulation
    Yeti3S JRB HudRiv
    Suspension
    dynaglide whoopie
    Images

you folks are right on!

Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    NOW your talkin. One of my favorite books is "Builders on the pacific coast" by Lloyd Khan. Here's a link to some slideshow. In it there are a few caravans,little homes on a trailer which i quite like. Allot of the stuff in the book is of an era gone by having now been replaced by endless building codes altho you can still just do what you want,,,just not sell it later.
    http://www.shelterpub.com/_builders/BPC-slideshow.html
    Hey, that's a great slideshow! Beautiful homes. I would encourage anyone to build their own! It's something we have only recently given up to the experts. Building shelter is something that has been a part of our fundamental instincts and intuition for millennia. With the resources of knowledge and available materials today it is that much more accessible.

That's why i mentioned the natural building movement. Logs, stones, earth, sand, clay, straw, salvaged materials, etc. The building materials being natural can be had at "the supernatural mall" - SunRay Kelly

Cheap materials means keeping the cost down. Way down if you build yourself. It sure beats the alternative! Mortgage comes from mort meaning death in French (mortuus in Latin) + gage meaning promise in Old French.
    No death promise for me - no thanks.

I think your signature sums it up nicely mbiraman! I think i just forgot for a spell.

thanks everyone. BTW i got out last night and hiked home this morn. It was great!
    Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. Marrianne Williamson Let your light shine!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    If I can't out into the woods I have a place in my backyard I hang. I try to hang out at least every other weekend one place or the other.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge spinn
    Insulation
    Yeti3S JRB HudRiv
    Suspension
    dynaglide whoopie
    Images

Yes, we have down sized quite a bit! We built a ~ 400 sq. ft. home of strawbales, clay, sand and logs. I bet i can still simplify more to get me more time in the woods though!

Great links and ideas. I like the smart arkitektur homes as well, very smart. That's Danish if i've ever seen! I'm actually half Danish myself! My dad was from Aarhus. He came over on the boat when he was 18 by himself. That's a great little country to be proud of.

thanks for the encouragement folks!

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge spinn
    Insulation
    Yeti3S JRB HudRiv
    Suspension
    dynaglide whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat View Post
    I love it all. And I love to work. I rent. As far as backpacking...I can't make that my life. I have a child and I take that resposibility seriously. But we are outside all the time and enjoy our surroundings and nature very much. I wasn't complaining about being so busy; there is just so much assuming that a woman would not know about all that it takes in keeping up a home and all. I happend to do both, the cooking, cleaning and crafts, and the maintenance and work. I would not trade it. My daughter knows that a woman is capable of doing what many choose not to . I guess it's like a pet peeve of sorts for me.
    I am blessed to live in some incredible natural beauty and I make the time to explore as much of it as I can. I hope you can do the same. Just simplify and reduce your overhead and you'll be able to get out in the woods more.....
    Great! I meant camp out to build yourself a home of natural materials is all. A child is a great response-ability, teacher and friend. I understand you aren't complaining, i'm doing my best to support and encourage. Sounds like you are doing it.

I suppose simplifying is a way of life, Just keep on down that trail is all. Btw - what i type here is for myself to hear as well. It's all good.

I can't remember where now but i read an encouraging story about a mother and daughter building their own house of cob! pretty empowering! just another option... cob cottage company

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge spinn
    Insulation
    Yeti3S JRB HudRiv
    Suspension
    dynaglide whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkerik View Post
    How about overhead? I know you like camping so how about making it your life for a few years? Have you heard of natural building? A little land, a lot of clay sand straw, some trees and a whole bunch of labor. That can reduce rent/mortgage payments. The natural building community can help. Renting is a good option too though!
    sorry i wasn't more clear here. I make the mistake of thinking everyone knows about natural building! I have a tendency to type on and on so i may have been trying to keep it brief.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast