Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    oh i knew it was a haul, but i wanted to do the ride. i take random long rides....i just cant feed the bike on that long trip, money being short and all.
    I think my 3/4 ton suburban driving 180 miles will probably eat more gas than a bike going 650 miles. If to foot permits, I'll probably take my old trailhead Toyota to cut back a bit.

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images

Last Call

This is the last day to let us know if your want to go on the Horse Creek hang July 15-17 2011. This is the list as it stands so far:

YES

wisenber -late Friday afternoon

Roche -Friday morning

AcesWild -Friday afternoon

MedicineMan -late Friday afternoon

photojag

Crawldaddy +1 -(arriving Thursday?)

Maybe

SteveToTheO

The first wave will be arriving on the shores of Horse Creek to plant the Hammockforums flag. Crawldaddy will be doing the honors.

If anyone else wants to go and has an idea of when they will try to arrive, now is the time.

For those needing directions or other information, please feel free to PM me. I can also give my cell phone number via PM if needed.

The heat looks to be breaking a bit this weekend, and the altitude will help bring it down some more. Look for a few scattered thunderstorms this weekend as those are common this time of year. Don't forget your raingear.

Some of us will be fishing. If anyone has any questions about the regulations and where you can pick up a license let me know. I will be hobbling around with my Tenkara gear trying to catch some "natives".

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveller
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    LeighLo quilts
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    I hope everyone has a great time out there. I really wish I could be there.I was really looking forward to meeting some fellow forumites and checking out some gear and rigs. Hopefully I will make the next one, but in the meantime I will be anxiously awaiting the trip report. Happy hanging guys.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here"~Jack Nicholson/As Good As It Gets

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    Have fun

Lottsa pics

...and a few whale tales
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJPGgjZ10Ek
    Really enjoyed meeting every one, getting in some much needed R/R. Aces Wild is hilarious and good company. Roach has that 'northern' flair of humor, Crawdaddy very thoughtful, Scott just a fine soul.
    Rain and a cold snap got me thinking in the box that is my Ohm since I forgot my UQ the Ohm's foam back panel was put to use along with all my spare clothing.
    Having a tot. of 2 hours of flyfishing-this trip included I'm thiking with the restrictions and no stocking, that this area is professional level and I was glad just to see some fish hitting and pulling my lure down.
    The group tarp (Kelty Noah) that Roach hauled in was a nice touch and thanks to all who tended the fire.
    Besides no UQ both my mini-bics were without fuel and the door to my Princeton Tec torch broke off (last trip is was the vid camera battery door)...so gear comes and goes but not the memories of being out there with fellow hangers-thanks again to Wisenber for getting this one up and running.

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJPGgjZ10Ek
    Really enjoyed meeting every one, getting in some much needed R/R. Aces Wild is hilarious and good company. Roach has that 'northern' flair of humor, Crawdaddy very thoughtful, Scott just a fine soul.
    Rain and a cold snap got me thinking in the box that is my Ohm since I forgot my UQ the Ohm's foam back panel was put to use along with all my spare clothing.
    Having a tot. of 2 hours of flyfishing-this trip included I'm thiking with the restrictions and no stocking, that this area is professional level and I was glad just to see some fish hitting and pulling my lure down.
    The group tarp (Kelty Noah) that Roach hauled in was a nice touch and thanks to all who tended the fire.
    Besides no UQ both my mini-bics were without fuel and the door to my Princeton Tec torch broke off (last trip is was the vid camera battery door)...so gear comes and goes but not the memories of being out there with fellow hangers-thanks again to Wisenber for getting this one up and running.
    Nice video! Thanks for getting it up there so quickly.
    That was just a nice relaxed weekend in the mountain with fellow hangers and no particular plan. I look forward to seeing you folks again sometime soon.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    It was pointed out that I didn't get Aces in the vid aaaarrrrrg, he's a great guy and I thought I got everybody....only solution is to get him to another hang. Hey, Ryan's wasn't that bad...at least it stopped my slide to starvation.

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Sure hope I gave credit to those credit due who made my gear. I got stage fright Im afraid. (no pun) Anyways.. thanx Medicine Man for putting this together. Had a great time. I think I got my buddy sold on hangin finally.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    must emphasize putting together the vid which took all of 5 min's like most of my vids (and it shows)....Wisenber pulled off the great meeting of minds

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    must emphasize putting together the vid which took all of 5 min's like most of my vids (and it shows)....Wisenber pulled off the great meeting of minds
    With this group, there was not that much effort involved. Everyone showed up ready to go without any direction on my part. I just suggested the location and made a few fishing trips for recon purposes.

• + New Posts
  • Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast