Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    everything..... it's like trading in your moms old 1986 K car for a Hot rod....
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Which model did you make the switch from there GLP?
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    What a surprise, no response.......
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock/OMW
    Insulation
    Leighlo , HH SS
    Suspension
    WB adj web
    I have both the BB and 2 HH. While there are differences I will not pick one over the other just yet. I wouldn't even suggest I had a favorite at this point.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Well, GLP....have you ever even laid in a HH? If so, which model? Are you putting HH down all the time with no experience to back your claims up? I would hope not but the fact that you have yet to respond to my questions is very suspicious to say the least. You are online and posting all the time so I'm sure you've seen my posts. What's the deal?

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts

Thumbs down

ChrisH, that is really out of line. The OP asked for opinions, GLP gave his. It doesn't match yours - which is fine. Give your opinion - which you have - and let people take it as they choose. There is no reason to be calling people out like this. It does not help this discussion or the flow of information on the forum in general.
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Well, GLP....have you ever even laid in a HH? If so, which model? Are you putting HH down all the time with no experience to back your claims up? I would hope not but the fact that you have yet to respond to my questions is very suspicious to say the least. You are online and posting all the time so I'm sure you've seen my posts. What's the deal?
    sorry i wasn't keeping up with this thread...a PM works wonders
    yes i had and used a HH expedition for almost 2 years i'm sure i can dig up old pics if you really want me to....
    and i had the SS for a better part of 3 months and could never stay warm with it and would wake up in a puddle of condensation ...

i'm sure if you search you can dig up old post about the problems i had with the HH SS ...
    i will say if i had to do it again i would buy the HH again... it was a nice hammock and was my first real camping hammock the only thing i didn't care for was the bottom entry and the learning curve on the tarp.. i learned the hard way since i wasn't a member in 07 when i got the HH ... so there were a few nights i woke up wet from rain
    as for the SS if you ask me it's not worth the money ... for $10-15 more you can get a UQ from Paul that will work 10000x better
    and save yourself alot of problems .....

i hope that answers your question... next time PM me if i don't get back to you at the drop of a dime... and sometimes i might be logged on.. but i'm away from the computer it stays logged on even when i'm not home or i forget i posted on a thread and don't remember till a day or two later

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamosa View Post
    ChrisH, that is really out of line. The OP asked for opinions, GLP gave his. It doesn't match yours - which is fine. Give your opinion - which you have - and let people take it as they choose. There is no reason to be calling people out like this. It does not help this discussion or the flow of information on the forum in general.
    I have to agree, Im 100% for the hennessy movement ( love my hennessy ) but still we need to keep it all in good fun. and hey this is big forum GLP posts alot also, he might not have checked. Send him a PM and ask. and again lets just play nice guys.

edit: sorry just saw you replied GLP
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    ChrisH this is for you

pics from sometime in 08 of my HH expedition .... if i remember this was the spring time right befor the trees started to bud playing around in my back yard
    as you can see i was using a pad .... i don't miss the pad .. i got my first real UQ that Dec the JRB Hudson river i still have and use it.. it's my goto TQ for most of the year man this brings back some good old memories
    Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by G.L.P.; 07-20-2011 at 02:23.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    I have to agree, Im 100% for the hennessy movement ( love my hennessy ) but still we need to keep it all in good fun. and hey this is big forum GLP posts alot also, he might not have checked. Send him a PM and ask. and again lets just play nice guys.

edit: sorry just saw you replied GLP
    thanks bud

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast