Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    I'd say its simple, much wider and a bit longer than the expedetion. That deffiently equates to more comfortable. The shelf storage is way better than the small ridge line organizer. I can actually fit a jacket and everything else in it. The foot box, so you don't have the pressure of the hammock fabrick pushing back against your feet and get a great side lay. I have bad feet and there's enough space to comfortably seperate my feet from each other, so no soar heals(or not as bad, this is a HUGE plus for me). Side pull outs, that are easily adjustable when you're in your hammock, keep the shelf and bug netting from resting on you. Fabric is silky smooth rip stop.

Also, Brandon, the owner of warbonnet is highly active on here and easy to get ahold and work with.

That's not to say, hennessy's customer service is beyond amazing.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    OP, you are simply too big for that hammock in my opinion. That's known as a smaller hammock, for people no taller than 5'10 (in most cases, there are some that are fine with it) at the most. The material is an error as said above, contact them and they will exchange it for you. I would recommend the DJ XL or Explorer XL if you decide to stick with HH's. I bought and used a WBB and didn't like it as much as my DJ so I sold it a week after I got it. I'm still very happy with that decision. You really can't wrong with either, though. Good luck!

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    im glad people agree with me. the 1.0 doesnt stretch unless your either too big for the hammock or you have a faulty hammock. it says comfy to 200 something. and id agree with chrisH about if your much taller than 5'10 it starts to get less comfy in the expedition. but its still nice
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Suspension
    NCAA
    Let me clarify the 1.0 blackbird stretching. I tend to dig my heels and hands into the bedding in order to position myself. It's bad technique but I do it and the 1.0 shows it. My 1.7 single layer takes it like a champ.

Hammock
    1.1 Dbl WBBB/Traveler
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by taylo166 View Post
    Let me clarify the 1.0 blackbird stretching. I tend to dig my heels and hands into the bedding in order to position myself. It's bad technique but I do it and the 1.0 shows it. My 1.7 single layer takes it like a champ.
    I think when I get my next pay check im going to purchase one. Ill keep my HH and use it as a back up or for a friend who wants to hammock camp with me. I work at an outdoor retailer so it never hurts to have first hand experience with different products!

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wogs View Post
    I think when I get my next pay check im going to purchase one. Ill keep my HH and use it as a back up or for a friend who wants to hammock camp with me. I work at an outdoor retailer so it never hurts to have first hand experience with different products!
    thats very true. let us know how you like it
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    I have both HH BPUL and WBBB 1.7 DBL. They are for different types of trips, but I'll compare. Quality is high on both of mine. I agree with others here who advise consulting with the folks at Hennessy about those issues. I think you'll get a good response.
    The BP is very light. It is bottom entry. The net is closer to your face, but not so close that it is a real problem. One main problem for me in the HH is that my feet don't lie naturally. They are pushed backward.
    The BB is much roomier and, of course, much heavier. For me, not a problem since I now canoe camp almost exclusively. If you have shoulder issues then give the BB a try. Very roomy in the shoulder area. The best feature of the BB for me is the footbox. That lets my feet flop out to the sides when I lay. For me that is more comfortable. Also, I can adjust it so my feet will kinda hang down into the foot box. That allows me to get a flatter feel, if not actually laying flatter. [Brandon has said that the footbox is not meant to affect the flatness, but for me it does at least give the impression of a flatter lay.] The net is higher off your face. The top entry is more convenient, especially with a UQ.
    Overall, the BB is a more roomy hammock. I now keep the HH to lend out to friends.

Hammock
    BIAS Camper
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/HH Incubat
    Suspension
    UCRs
    Images
    These points have all been mentioned already, but there were 4 major pluses for me transitioning from the HH to the WB:

1. Much easier and quicker set up with webbing and descender rings on the WBBB.

2. Side entry of the WBBB creates an incredibly comfortable chair that I use all the time in camp. You could sorta kinda rig the HH as a chair, but there is no comparison for the comfort.

3. The footbox on the WBBB provides a much flatter lay.

4. There is no other hammock I know about that has the spacious storage area of the WBBB. Big plus.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Asym Xenon
    Suspension
    Whoopies/UHMWPE

HH Exped to WBBB 1.0 DL

I made the switch about 4 months ago and am glad I did.

First the drawbacks.

1. I'm not a huge fan of the shock cord tieouts on the WBBB. Maybe I haven't figured them out but they don't always tie out nicely with my hexfly.

2. It seems to me the fabric on the WBBB, while lighter, is a bit cooler even with the double layer.

3. As nice as the top entry is, I kind of find re-zipping once inside a bit of a pain.

Now the Upside!

1. Top entry is the only way to go. It is so nice laying out my bed and then just climbing in. Especially nice since I still use a sleeping bag.

2. Lightweight. I am becoming a bit of a gram-weenie so I like the lighter weight.

3. Double layer. I love keeping my space blanket in the hammock so I don't have to reset it all the time. I also like the option of adding pads and clothes (or leaves...) in a inch for warmth. It also makes feel a bit more secure from the mosquitos.

All in all I am very glad i made the switch, though I do like my HH Exp and have few complaints with it.
    Please enter your signature here.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, WB Traveler
    Tarp
    4 Season Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

HH exp to WBBB 1.1 - 1.7 singlelayer

I made the switch after the first night in the HH exp. I now have Single layer 1.1/1.7WBBB and 1.1 Traveler

1. For me the bottom entry was a pain on the HH exp, IMO its easier to get all set up and situated in my TQ with the side entry. I know know they are made with both options side entry, but either i still wont go back.

2. I feel that the HH exp was just not comfy or have that "roomy" feel that i was looking for. With the Blackbird it has a great deal of space while still being weight effective.

3. The added footbox on the blackbird seemed to be the bread and butter for most everyone. It makes you have a great flat diagonal lay that i couldn't not get in the HH. The HH just made my feel uncomfortable and have a uncomfortable feeling in my legs.

4. I noticed the HH exp also it had a little ridge line organizer. There are company's out there you can get bigger ones that might help out, but for me the gear shelf on the WBBB is PLUS- Although not a big deal to some, it is great to store items that you need to get to at night or just like to have close with you.

5. Suspension- Most change the suspension asap. But the HH is a pain to set up for beginners out of the box. The WBBB on the other hand with its adjustable webbing suspension makes it easy to setup its unbelievable! ready to go right out of the box!

Everyone is different this is just my personal experience/ opinion

Hope this helps!

Colton

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast