Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Just a thought from a non-hammock perspective...urinary frequency and urgency are common symptoms of urinary tract infections. Not everyone gets painful urination and bladder or urethral infections often do not cause fevers.

Perhaps worth considering if it continues.

Hammock
    NX-150 TX-150
    Tarp
    Vertex-Camo
    Insulation
    Z-Liner & DIY Pads
    Suspension
    Clark
    Shortly after I wed . . . I started to get up multiple times through the night to relieve myself.

I thought I had a medical problem or it was a function of getting old(er)

. . . until one night . . . I was slightly awake . . . you know just slightly . . .

. . . enough that I almost heard myself snore . . .

. . . then out of the covers comes a twinkle toe . . . just slightly brushing my hairs on my leg . . .

enough to just wake me enough . . . I surmised . . . to stop a snore or two . . .

AAAAA HHH UUUUU

She would do this I found out, every time I woke her up, by me allegedly snoring.
    Add to this a growing knowledge that if a truck drives by and is loud it will slightly wake me up . . .

and when ever I wake up slightly I will need to go.
    Even 5 times a night . . .

So My question is "Is where you hang different that where you recline?
    Are there any different noises, spider webs brushing your face . . . etc. etc."

Footnote: I sleep in a recliner as well for a number of reasons,
    Bradley SaintJohn
    Flat Bottom Canoe
    Start A Biz

The Transition from Ground Sleeping to Hammocks
    is the Conversion from Agony To Ecstasy,
    and Curing Ground-In-somnia.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show you great and mighty things . . ." Jeremiah 33:3
    ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    HH Explorer, Exped, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Edge,MacCat Mic
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock
    The only time I don't have to pee, is while I'm peeing.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I've wondered this question myself. I very rarely have to get up at home but almost always get up once or twice during the night in a hammock.
    I don't recall that being an issue in a tent. Maybe the angle of not being as flat has something to do with it.
    In my hammock, I'm laying more like in a recliner than a bed.
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I look at getting up to pee as exercise.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Having never experienced this issue, I can only speculate... but... the center of a man's gravity is above his navel. You will end up, at some point, with that CG at the low-point of the hammock. It looks to me that your hammock is fairly level. This would raise your feet above your head... (contributes to my cold feet problem when hammocking)

I'd raise the foot end 6-10 inches and try again. (10" works for me) See what works best for you...

Google Nocturia... I wonder if you sleep on your side/stomach in a bed, and on your back in a hammock... could just be causing additional pressure on your bladder, making the issue worse.

Best of luck...
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSawyer View Post
    Having never experienced this issue, I can only speculate... but... the center of a man's gravity is above his navel. You will end up, at some point, with that CG at the low-point of the hammock. It looks to me that your hammock is fairly level. This would raise your feet above your head... (contributes to my cold feet problem when hammocking)

I'd raise the foot end 6-10 inches and try again. (10" works for me) See what works best for you...

Google Nocturia... I wonder if you sleep on your side/stomach in a bed, and on your back in a hammock... could just be causing additional pressure on your bladder, making the issue worse.

Best of luck...
    When I got in the hammock last night I made note of my position. When I woke up I could tell that I had shifted significantly "downward", as you said, causing my feet to be higher than my head. Further, as you mention, I do sleep on my side/stomach in a bed but I haven't been able to figure out how to replicate that position in the hammock.

I'm willing to try raising the foot end as you suggest and see how that goes but I'm not sure how I could do that with my current setup as I am using a stand.

If I were to lengthen the suspension on the head end would that be the equivalent of shortening it on the foot end?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    DD Tarp 3*3m
    Insulation
    UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    One other thing, even though you are using a UQ your kidneys can get cold, when they are they produce more urine.

I've had this same issue as well.. however I've had it tent camping as well. I almost NEVER.. well, I really never get up to pee during the night. Until I camp then it seems I'm up 2 or 3 times to write my name.. Hangin in Wildcat in the woods it's the same thing.

On my last trip though we had a cabin (fishing trip) and I just parked next to it. I slept for 10 hours my first night and no issue. Got uncomfortable over time (sore neck) but never had the peeing issue.

My conclusion was that I have a heightened stress level in that I'm just more aware because I feel vulnerable with no real structure to sleep in and I think the nerves or whatever it is, even subconciously, effect this.

On a side note, my brother is the same way, doesn't pee at night at home, but when we're camping he's up 2 or 3 times a night.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Well, If you are not cold then maybe it can be some degree of sleep apnea.

I have sleep apnea and what happens is my airway obstructs when lying on my back and I actually stop breathing for several seconds hundreds of times a night. This has a negative effect on the brain as you do not get restful sleep. You wake up feeling tired, cannot concentrate etc. Another side effect while sleeping is increased blood pressures. Increased blood pressure will cause the kidneys to produce more urine. A CPAP machine I wear when I sleep keeps my airway open and I find when I do not wear it I produce a lot more urine overnight. Your size makes me think sleep apnea is a possibility.

You say you sleep on your side/stomach on a bed which will allow your airway to stay open. In the hammock you are on your back and your neck is bent forward. This position will make you prone to obstructing your airway.

Just an educated guess but it may be worth looking into. Undiagnosed sleep apnea can put a strain on your long term health.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast