8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David904 View Post
    I like Shug's diagnosis.
    So excited to be in a hammock that I peed a little... hmmm... I'll buy that... It's 11pm PDT, I kissed my wife goodnight and I'm off to read in my hammock. . . in the back yard . . . under the stars . . . oh... let me run to the restroom first!

Glad you're finding solutions to the issue!
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB Mt.Washington4
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR
    I'll chime in just to expand the data pool. 27yo, WBBB w/ JRB MW4 (sometimes Thermarest). I don't generally have any problems, but when I do, I wake up cold. That's to say, every time I let someone use my UQ,and I use a pad, I wake up cold! Last weekend,when I was out, I slept really well, but had to go like a race horse in the morning. I'm sure it was just because I finished off the coffee and the powerade prior to going to sleep. I was not cold; there was quite a bit of sweat where I was laying. I agree that I drink A LOT more when camping, and I drink right up until I go to sleep.
    ~Bryan

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Just to throw my hand in on this conversation, when we are out on the trail we all pay closer attention to how much water we're consuming to be sure we don't dehydrate in the wilds, but how much thought do people give to the amount of water home?

I know I'll be lying in bed at night and realize I haven't drank a single glass of actual water all day...soda, coffee, tea, sports drinks, alcoholic beverages sure, but not water. In the woods I drink almost exclusively water. My body is actually better hydrated than when I'm home.

Now since the OP is having this issue while hammocking at home I don't know that this is affecting him or not, but I'm sure it is what causes a few people you claim to feel nature's call more often outdoors. I know tent campers with the same complaint about urinary frequency in the woods. So I don't think its purely the hammock causing the urgency, IMO.

Of course YMMV, just words to consider.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewithe View Post
    I spent a good deal of time trying to learn how to replicate my bed sleeping position, in my hammock. While I was not completely successful in that endeavor I did come pretty close. The result...

I slept a full night in the hammock with no bladder emergencies. I awoke after 9 hours feeling like I needed to go but not like I needed to run. It seems that, for me, it was a sleeping position issue. I think I'm going to make a chart of sleeping position and its relationship to urination frequency.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    OK then- maybe- mystery solved?

WAIT! We can't have solved this already. From a scientific viewpoint, there are TOO many Variables. We need that "free" Gov'mnt study grant. I can see 5 years and a few $$$$Mil.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    There's something wrong with you - get a wide mouth Nagalene or Gatorade bottle in a odd orange or yellow color. Then practice, practice.......
    Well now you mean to say that I am the only one that pees or has peed from the hammock ...... zipper models and topless hammocks
    .... oh well...

I still thing it is related to
    temp
    position
    and
    noise
    Last edited by Randy; 06-12-2011 at 09:04.
    "Proud Pound Hawg"
    Republic of Texas H.O.G. (Hennessy Owners Group)

Hammock
    Hennessey Asym
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    Lots of it!!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    In my Hennessy I can kinda creep down to the top of the velcro and not leave the hammock. maybe a custom relief flap could be designed into your rig. Yup, we need a grant!$$$$$
    Silver on the Sage, Starlit Sky's above, Swingin' from the trees in a Hammock that I love.....

Hammock
    handkerchief
    Tarp
    wax paper
    Insulation
    pocket lint
    Suspension
    dental floss
    I really enjoy this thread! I wish there was more contribution!

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night Owl
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9.6
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Daisy Chains
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    There's something wrong with you - get a wide mouth Nagalene or Gatorade bottle in a odd orange or yellow color. Then practice, practice.......
    +1 When I am camping I hang an empty Nalgene from my ridge line for just such a purpose. At home I just get up. My whole life I've always gotten up at least a couple times. Some nights more than others.

Good advice out there too on getting the PSA checked. Not to be crude but I get my physicals every year and, yes, my doc is an old school Dr. Jellyfinger. A few seconds of "ew" is worth early detection. So fellas, for Pete's sake get your recommended medical tests done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBXLC, Chameleon, RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, Pole Mod
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, AHE, LLCP
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Images
    Old Nalgene BPA bottles are good for pee bottles. In the morning you can check the amount...yes, the cooler, the more you go.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    DIY cuben fiber
    Suspension
    whoppie slings/MSH
    Since you're sleeping well at home (even in a recliner) it's unlikely to be due to prostate or urinary tract issues.
    A lot of times after something else wakes you up, you realize that you have to pee - but you're not aware that something else woke you, so you think it was the urge to urinate that actually woke you in the first place.
    The way to figure it out further is to *GASP* go camping in a tent. That's going to replicate the night noises and hydration status when you're hammock camping. If you still have the same issues in a tent, then you should concentrate on optimizing sleep conditions (temp, noise, light). If you sleep ok in a tent, then should work on getting your hammock more comfortable.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast