Thread: Daring to sew

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)

Daring to sew

In the past few weeks I have moved, got a new job, and ordered a Ray Way quilt kit. Deluxe, with gorget and draft stopper and alpine upgrade. Brown and black.

My sewing machine (basic Kenmore) was jumping and jamming - I took it for a tune up and it works just spiffy now. I reclaimed the machine from the repair place just the day before I packed everything in a Penske and moved 200 miles. My new apartment is still full of boxes and bags and piles of junk on the floor, but doggone it, I set up the machine on a folding table and started on that stuff sack. First time I've ever tried anything slinky as silnylon. A bit of jiggity on part of the seam, but it'll do.

If the RW quilt works out I'm thinking of ordering supplies from Speer and making a down underquilt.

I also attempted a cat stove with abysmal results. Didn't even bubble the water before it died. My cat loves me now, however.

I think the gear bug may have bit just in time to mate with the procrastination bug - it may take a while to un-box, at this rate. Reading lots of posts in this forum probably isn't helping. I think y'all are contagious.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Great, Make your dreams come true one stitch at a time. Mule
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    keep those projects going lori. it just keeps getting better & better!
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    Black Cat
    Insulation
    Exped 7
    Suspension
    straps
    Images

RayWay quilt

Hi Lori,
    Welcome to the board. If you look at some of my pic's you'll see what your RayWay quilt will look like when it is finished.

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...&searchid=3468

Tango

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    Thanks, Tango - cept mine is going to be a lovely shade of bristlecone brown with a black interior.

I wish the Preacha's wife could get the brown for the tarp I asked her to make - then it'd match up with the hammock too.

I have the fabric all cut out, and the insulation. I will make the draft stopper but I think instead of the gorget I'm going to make a hood sort of like the JRB pattern. I also wanted to make a channel for a draw cord instead of sewing up a footbox. That way it'll lay flat on my bed.

Hammock
    My DIY 10.5'X5' speer style
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1"poly webbing
    Images
    I wish we could get the brown too, I have looked everywhere. I am going to make thepreacherswife's tarp out of Chocolate 1.9oz ripstop that I will coat with Sil myself. This will be her pretty tarp, with pink guy lines, and tie outs. If she was going hiking then she would carry a 1.1oz Sil tarp.

Dwight
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle Zip XL
    Tarp
    MacCat deluxe
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Whats that bristlecone brown like? On his website, Ray claims its some kind of special material with special properties?

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB!
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB HR (2)
    The bristlecone is sort of toffee colored and less ... crisp, I guess, than the material sent along for the stuff sack. Ray makes a big deal about it being warmer - I can't vouch for that yet, and may not be able to since this is my first RW quilt (nothing to compare it to).

• + New Posts