Hammock
    Hennessy
    Insulation
    Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Hennessy suspen.

Help with suspension

Hey fellow hangers,

I was wondering what suspension would you reccomend for me. I'm currently using a HammockGear full bugnet Hammock, older model, one of the first, with a carabiner and daisy cchain straps for suspension. I'm 6'0 and 300 pounds. I'd like to switch over to straps and buckle, but not sure they could hold my weight. Any suggestions?

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I have the Dutch Beetle Buckle suspension with Spider/Poly straps that are rated to 350 lbs. I've used them for about 5 years with no wear/tear (but I'm only 165 lbs.). They seem pretty robust, even for a 300 pounder like yourself.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Ive not used a strap and buckle suspension. When adjusting strap, make sure strap and buckle are tight and straight before getting in hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Daisy Chain and carabiner are pretty foolproof and work in your weight zone without any issues about tightening up too much under load. My problem with daisy chain, easily solved, was the initial chains available (Atlas and Python straps) had a long-ish step, about 5 or 6 inches, between links. I solved that by carrying a six-inch amsteel loop, I could double it over and create a "half-step" between the links. It was usually close enough for me. Maybe that would work for you.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    12' HG Journey
    Insulation
    Wooki 20*
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker1207 View Post
    Hey fellow hangers,

I was wondering what suspension would you reccomend for me. I'm currently using a HammockGear full bugnet Hammock, older model, one of the first, with a carabiner and daisy cchain straps for suspension. I'm 6'0 and 300 pounds. I'd like to switch over to straps and buckle, but not sure they could hold my weight. Any suggestions?
    I really like the Superior Gear cinch buckle suspension. Seems super rugged and is rated to 400 lbs. Stretches a lot less than my experience with the HG daisy chains I had. Warbonnet's cinch buckle is pretty good too, no stretch, but it comes on a continuous loop so I have to larks head it onto my hammock's CLs. First world problems.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Hvn
    Insulation
    Apex/Down
    Suspension
    Birch/Beetle buckl
    I’ve had a number of cinch buckle suspensions, including one from Simply Light Designs that I think was similar to the Dutchware basic cinch buckle suspension (the one with the continuous loops on the buckles and fairly heavy-duty 1” polyester straps), the Dutchware Beetle buckles with the spider-poly straps, and the Autumn Outdoors Birch Buckles with the blue polyester straps (I keep going lighter). I like the ease of use with all of them. I used the first two when I weighed 275, with no problems. You do have to keep them absolutely straight; I did slide down to the ground one night with the basic cinch buckles, when they were off at an angle; it took me a few tries to figure out the beetle buckles (I got them upside down once, and they slipped a bit). I almost always do a slippery half hitch retainer knot once I have them slid where I want them. I generally use the Beetle Buckles for car camping and the birch buckles or a set of dyneema straps for a becket hitch for backpacking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Images
    Beetle buckles rocks. You can keep your dirty sap covered straps in their own bag. That’s a big pro for a system that connects and disconnects from the continuous loop on each end of the hammock. Whatever you decide to do I would recommend having the ability to store your suspension in a separate bag.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Double and Haven XL
    Tarp
    Some rando.
    Insulation
    Varies.
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    You can get some 1200lbs cinch straps from harbor freight, cut the cinch mechanism off and buy two cinch buckles. They work great. OR, just buy this set for less than $20 and works great. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CMQ82HQ...roduct_details my only beef with that set is the straps are kind of slippery, so I always back them up with a slippery half-hitch, or two. They'll hold.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    The Warbonnet cinch buckles and straps are rated to 400 lbs.

Like others have pointed out, the Dutch beetle buckles with spider/poly straps are rated to 350 lbs. Been using them for years.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    JRB 12x10
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 7/8
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Short set of Cinch Buckles clipped to your carabiner and 3000 lb straps from Dutchware Gear.... I'm 270lb and this works awesome!

https://dutchwaregear.com/product/ci...webbing-straps
    “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." Henry David Thoreau

• + New Posts