Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Opinions on Big Mamajamba

Anyone have some experience with this tarp? how do you like it? can I maybe get some pros and cons? I really like the design with the pull outs plus it seems pretty light for its size. also the door kit would be nice once i get into some winter camping. thinking about getting one...

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    My only complaint is that I did not order two of them (one for me and one for wife). Lots of coverage and light weight. Of course now that Brandon has come out with the camo version I have an excuse to order that one for me and let my wife use the...well you get the idea.

I have the BMJ with side pull outs. If I was to reorder one I would ask Brandon to add the plastic triangles found on the 4 corners to the side pull outs. I think it would be worth the fraction of an ounce of weight it would add by making it easier to clip a benner or loop a line thru to for the tie outs lines
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    i really like mine, i have the BMJ with panel pulls

i don't really have any cons for it

it has great coverage, is light weight and is very well made, i like how taut it pitches too, just a great tarp at a good price, like the fact that i was able to support one of the cottage makers here too

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Did a video on one....this one is spinntex but the silnylon is the same shape. Got the door kit on there...they come in silnylon.
    Hope this helps your decision.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    1.1 Dbl WBBB/Traveler
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Is the mamajamba the same as the big mamajamba?

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    The only CON that I see right off the bat is if you are planning to get a tarp with doors, why not spend the extra $20 and get the Superfly? If money is not an issue, then its a mute point. I have the older Superfly with snap-on doors and even though I can use mine without the doors attached, I find myself carrying the doors with me on every trip just in case of heavy storms. The weight penalty is not that bad and I would rather have them an not need them as opposed to need them and not have them.

If you pick up the Mambajamba and then purchase the door kit, you could have had the Superfly and a nice dinner for you and your significant other.

Just my $0.01556 . . .
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Dutchware netless
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG 3S
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Webbing
    Can't help you with any cons as this is just an all around, great tarp. It's ok to have more than one tarp, but you really only need one if you get the door kit.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY Cat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ TQ
    Suspension
    WS to Ridged Strap
    Images
    This is a great tarp. I just made doors for mine. Material and time were pretty cheap.

The only downside that I have found is that the side pulls are not water tight. This means that if you are not using them and it rains, your gear might get wet. It is easy to seal, but it means you have to get out and do it.
    - William -

How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. - Psalms 119:9

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I went for the superfly when tossing up between the two. For the little more weight and price I think the benefits will be there for me. It should be waiting at work for me when I get there tomorrow – Cant wait!!

The quality of all the gear from Warbonnet was never in question so for me it came down to which one of his I was going to get.

As Muskrat said and I agree, I would be taking the doors anyway. I grabbed some seam sealer today to sort the pullouts with.
    Last edited by Lepmeister; 06-13-2011 at 07:58.

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lepmeister View Post
    I went for the superfly when tossing up between the two. For the little more weight and price I think the benefits will be there for me. It should be waiting at work for me when I get there tomorrow – Cant wait!!

The quality of all the gear from Warbonnet was never in question so for me it came down to which one of his I was going to get.

As Muskrat said and I agree, I would be taking the doors anyway. I plan grab some seam sealer today to sort the pullouts with.
    I also just ordered a Superfly. I figured I will be taking the doors with me anyways, so why not have them attatched? I can always stow them in the open postion. I can't wait to set it up when it gets here!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast