Hi there.

I have been looking throughout the forum as I try and decide what hammock to buy. I am new to hammock camping but can't wait to get my first hammock.

I have narrowed it down to three hammocks the Hennessy expedition zip, deep jungle and the WBBB.

I like the price of the Hennessy and the fact they come with tarps. However everyone seems to speak very highly of the WBBB.

I am curious about the shelf in the Blackbird. How useful is it? I know you cannot put your pack there but how much weight are you able to get up there without affecting your sleep? While looking at the WBBB I can't really decide on what tarp if I were to get it. I like the idea of the superfly to have the extra protection if needed.

What is the difference between the Silnylon and Polyester tarps? is it more of weight difference and no noticeable difference in performance?

Anyone with a WBBB or Hennessy how compact can you pack up your hammock and tarp? A rough estimate of the volume it takes up in your pack?

My last question is on insulation I would mostly be using the hammock in the summer but northern ontario. Would just a good sleeping bag be enough or would some sort of under quilt or sleeping pad be required if the temp were to drop down to 40 F?

Thanks in advance!