Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear

Something To Think About

Recently, I noticed a number of holes in the nylon screens on my windows. Puzzled, I turned to Google: grasshoppers. Then yesterday, I stopped by the lumberyard for coffee and gossip...in the course of conversation, I brought this up, and no one was surprised. They did, however add a couple of suspects to the list, crickets and June bugs. Here's where hammocks come in: if these insects will eat nylon screening, nylon fabric isn't much of a leap.

In the past, I've left hammocks strung up under the arbor for days at a time, but I'm rethinking that. The more you know...
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Good to know - Thanks for passing it along. May rethink my everyday hang since i tend to leave it out a chunk of time.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    3-season Hex
    Insulation
    2oz OS Yeti
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Whoa! That's not good news at all. What if you treated it with that stuff Rat and Possum use on their hammocks? Permethrin maybe?
    Hammocks are God's way of saying....."relax guy".

Hammock
    DIY
    Images

Permethrin

And wash your window screens with it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    Recently, I noticed a number of holes in the nylon screens on my windows. Puzzled, I turned to Google: grasshoppers. Then yesterday, I stopped by the lumberyard for coffee and gossip...in the course of conversation, I brought this up, and no one was surprised. They did, however add a couple of suspects to the list, crickets and June bugs. Here's where hammocks come in: if these insects will eat nylon screening, nylon fabric isn't much of a leap.

In the past, I've left hammocks strung up under the arbor for days at a time, but I'm rethinking that. The more you know...
    Very interesting, and thanks for posting this!

I will keep an eye on this thread to see what the masses devise as a deterrent, don't want to find my stuff looking like swiss cheese!!!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

• + New Posts