HH Backpacker, WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Wish List: Cuben
    Insulation
    0 degree incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

LeighLo Underquilts

I am still looking for an under quilt. I am now looking at the LeighLo Underquilts. I did not see a topic for this company under vendors so I was wondering what everyone thought. Do you have a full length or 2/3 and do they seem to keep you warm winter camping? I am really looking for a winter quilt. I have a HH super shelter and that works well into the 40. I want to be cozy in the 20s. Thanks for you time with this tread.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by abharris View Post
    I am still looking for an under quilt. I am now looking at the LeighLo Underquilts. I did not see a topic for this company under vendors so I was wondering what everyone thought. Do you have a full length or 2/3 and do they seem to keep you warm winter camping? I am really looking for a winter quilt. I have a HH super shelter and that works well into the 40. I want to be cozy in the 20s. Thanks for you time with this tread.
    I have heard good things about LeighLo quilts. te-wa quilts are very well made and not on the list either. ( I have a summer quilt from te-wa ) All of my quilts (various makers ) are 3/4 or 2/3. I then use something I am already carrying to go under my legs/feet. So quilt length is going to be your choice. Best I can tell you is try and borrow a partial length and use it in cool/cold weather and see if you like it. Some folks don't like the pressure on the legs you can get with a partial length quilt. If you are OK with it then you'll have to figure the use for that quilt. If it is for just winter camping where more gear weight just goes with winter than go full length. If you plan on getting 3 seasons from it than a 2/3 or 3/4 would save some weight and pack space. HYOH and good luck making the decision.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Can't say enough good things about the Te-Wa underquilts. Fantastic to work with. Great communication. Dead simple rigging that takes about 4 seconds. Did a bunch of custom mods at a reasonable price and I have never been cold. Not once. Probably one of the lightest for the warmth, too.

Now I'm thinking about a summer version as the one I have is almost too toasty mid-summer. I think there a lot of quality UQs out there now, but I'm confident you will never regret a Te-Wa.

No skin in the game - just a very happy customer!

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    I am now looking at the LeighLo Underquilts. I did not see a topic for this company under vendors so I was wondering what everyone thought.
    some of us are still listed under "other vendors" and services, however I never got a full understanding of "why". If it is volume of product moved, I should have had a spot on the vendors list months ago.. Same goes, methinks, for the LeighLo brand.

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL with Mod 4
    Tarp
    Gargoyle Custom
    Insulation
    Leigh'Lo/HG
    Suspension
    Adjustable Straps
    LeighLo makes a quality quilt, I have a lighter set that i'm using now and I couldn't be happier. I plan to get a Winter set from them as well.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_R View Post
    LeighLo makes a quality quilt, I have a lighter set that i'm using now and I couldn't be happier. I plan to get a Winter set from them as well.
    I agree with Gary_R. Leighlo makes a great quilt. I order their full length underquilt and their 15 degree hybrid top quilt. I am glad I got one before they stopped making them. The construction and stitching is top quality. Performance wise I am finally going to be getting a chance to test them in the next couple of weeks. As for a winter set, you will have to contact them as what they offer on the website is rated to 20F. I do know they will do custom work as others have summer rated quilts from them and other have 60" length underquilts too.

Cheers

Brian

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by te-wa View Post
    some of us are still listed under "other vendors" and services, however I never got a full understanding of "why". If it is volume of product moved, I should have had a spot on the vendors list months ago.. Same goes, methinks, for the LeighLo brand.
    I think, from a forum perspective, the creation of new vendor sub-forums is based upon the number of threads about a vendor and their products. Which is why both Te-Wa and Leighlo seem to fly under the radar for the most part.

Cheers

Brian

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    I've heard nothing but great things from both Leighlo and Te-Wa.
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWillan View Post
    I think, from a forum perspective, the creation of new vendor sub-forums is based upon the number of threads about a vendor and their products. Which is why both Te-Wa and Leighlo seem to fly under the radar for the most part.

Cheers

Brian
    I think you're right and agree with your stated reason.. I will however state that it surely is harder for an HF member to locate these quality vendors, and secondly that the creation of a couple sub-forums wouldn't likely destroy the integrity of HF. Of the vendors ppl are familiar with, I find the reasoning a bit silly because there are sub forums dedicated to vendors that are rarely mentioned!
    Im not only asking for equal representation for myself (of course) but also of others like LeighLo (if you dont mind, leighlo).
    If you can, see my perspective and maybe you'll agree that being held captive in some hidden forum area is slightly irritating. Maybe you wont agree. I dunno. Have nice day!
    (and, i apologize for derailing this thread a little)

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl,Hennessy Exped
    Tarp
    WB Super fly
    Insulation
    HG tq/uq (soon)
    Suspension
    diy whoopie
    Images
    Perhaps a note to the mods would help.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast