Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst

Any fellow females in Ohio (or anywhere)? I have some questions.

Hi ladies....I've made some wonderful friends already through this forum, but I have some questions for my fellow girls when it comes to hammocking. First and it will be obvious from my questions....I'm a spoiled camper, so this is all new to me.

How do you change your clothes? I'm aware I won't have much in changes of clothes but when you do change are you struggling within your hammock or messing around with your tarp to do this?

What are some other helpful information you are willing to share?
    Last edited by DivaB; 06-18-2011 at 11:02. Reason: Just changed title, doesn't need to be just ohio

Images
    Isn't "Fellow Females" an oxymoron? Even SOME of us guys are modest around those of the fairer sex. During my thru, I carried a very thin DARK colored wrap (think knee length skirt with velcro closure). This allowed me to change and wash clothes in mixed company. I don't see why this wouldn't work for you. Change your pants then velcro the wrap above your shoulders and change your top. This works great in shelters. Of course in the woods you could just hang your tarp at neck level. I used this method a lot to bathe. Just be sure that you are not between the sun and your tarp or you will be giving quite the shadow show.

I know this was a question for the ladies but I thought this might at least give you some ideas to help you make your transition into the woods. It's really not that bad and the rewards are definitely worth it. Good luck to you!
    Brian
    ...and there came to be a day, all too soon, that I became aware that I could travel no more on my long journey. Though I did not arrive where I had planned, I believe that here is exactly where I am supposed to be...

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst

Too funny!

Yea...I'd be the moron that would have the sun on the wrong side of the tarp! Thanks for the reply...I actually have velcro wraps, and I hadn't thought about using it for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by T-BACK View Post
    Isn't "Fellow Females" an oxymoron? Even SOME of us guys are modest around those of the fairer sex. During my thru, I carried a very thin DARK colored wrap (think knee length skirt with velcro closure). This allowed me to change and wash clothes in mixed company. I don't see why this wouldn't work for you. Change your pants then velcro the wrap above your shoulders and change your top. This works great in shelters. Of course in the woods you could just hang your tarp at neck level. I used this method a lot to bathe. Just be sure that you are not between the sun and your tarp or you will be giving quite the shadow show.

I know this was a question for the ladies but I thought this might at least give you some ideas to help you make your transition into the woods. It's really not that bad and the rewards are definitely worth it. Good luck to you!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Being a male....I don't like the females to see me changing....as I am a red-headed pale skinned feller. A lot of white meat covered in orange fluff. Actually with me...most look away in shock and awe.

So.....un-do pants and drop past thighs....sit in hammock...tarp pitched down.....fresh pants and panties in your case pre-set and handy here...pull off pant and panties...humming madly....pull on panties...have boots off....panty up....move to pants...pull rapidly....sigh...be proud, half-way there.
    Shirts off quickly....fresh shirts on hammock for speedy access......shirt on quickly.....hum a lot.....throw M&Ms as distraction.
    then.... stride back all cleanly fresh and ask if anyone missed you.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    This is an entertaining thread for sure. My wife always comments on my lack of modesty, 60's upbringing, my old hippie coming through. However, she is very concerned about it.

She has a superfly with doors, problem solved. She can set it so all you see are ankles. Now those ankles look pretty sweet to me. Specially with the sexy chacos.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Being a male....I don't like the females to see me changing....as I am a red-headed pale skinned feller. A lot of white meat covered in orange fluff. Actually with me...most look away in shock and awe.

So.....un-do pants and drop past thighs....sit in hammock...tarp pitched down.....fresh pants and panties in your case pre-set and handy here...pull off pant and panties...humming madly....pull on panties...have boots off....panty up....move to pants...pull rapidly....sigh...be proud, half-way there.
    Shirts off quickly....fresh shirts on hammock for speedy access......shirt on quickly.....hum a lot.....throw M&Ms as distraction.
    then.... stride back all cleanly fresh and ask if anyone missed you.
    Shug
    Shock and awe...
    I vote for a video..who else?

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    Shock and awe...
    NC-17???
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Images
    Shock and awe...
    Whoooo Buddy!!!!
    Brian
    ...and there came to be a day, all too soon, that I became aware that I could travel no more on my long journey. Though I did not arrive where I had planned, I believe that here is exactly where I am supposed to be...

Hammock
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Yea Shug...I don't think I understand your directions. Please clarify in a video.

Shock and awe...

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Are you a DIY person?

I bought a 2-pack of cheap fleece throw blankets. Laid one atop the other and stitched the sides and top, leaving openings for my head and arms.

Net result is a warm poncho, suitable for changing clothing (hammocking or at paddling put-ins and take-outs) that also doubles as an insulating layer in my WBBB 1.7 double, or as a light summer TQ. ALso good for sitting around the campfire, as long as you are careful about flaming embers.

Jim

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast