Tarp
    9x10 tyvek
    Insulation
    ww blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopies & toggles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wi1ecoyote View Post
    We could change them to be even more descriptive. Gear Acquisition Syndrome (GAS) and Spousal Aggravation Disorder (SAD). So when we meet, we can talk about having Gas and being Sad about it.
    Heck, The Missus has threatened to impose dire consequences the next time she catches me with more cordage or making more gear, so if we're going to change the acronyms, it should more accurately reflect the affliction... I would call it HORROR--Horrifying Onset of Rage Running Overly Rampant. Or maybe SATAN--Spousal Aggression Turning Awfully Norris-esque.

Sadly, the name "The Missus" is a misnomer... The Missus never misses; be it a backhand, jab, right cross, or good old fashioned Chuck Norris-roundhouse-kick-to-the-face, they are all executed with the deadliest accuracy. Oops, gotta go. I can hear the Missus walking down the hall, and I've got to hide all evidence of the candle lantern I've been mak...
    Last edited by timabababaluka; 07-02-2011 at 11:36. Reason: Sin of omission
    You're gonna need a bigger hammock

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    Experimenting
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps
    Hammocks
    And
    Cordage
    Kills
    Ignorance is temporary. Stupid is forever...

I'm not high maintenance! I'm simply low tolerance.

Hammock
    gathered-end /w sock
    Tarp
    catcut w/doors
    Insulation
    UQ10D860/ TQ15D700
    Suspension
    UCRs
    Images
    Hi, I am trinni and my role of 110m 1.5mm dyneema cord is almost gone... I am looking for treatment before I get a chance to buy new cordage.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl,Hennessy Exped
    Tarp
    WB Super fly
    Insulation
    HG tq/uq (soon)
    Suspension
    diy whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Southernfan6885 View Post
    That's a pretty sweet idea! Needless to say it's got my gears turning. Amsteel is pretty slippery, so I'm not sure the bracelet would hold, and I wanna say I read somewhere that knots can weaken amsteel? And essentially the bracelet is made out of a series of a repeated knot. But it could work. Can't know without trying and I'm now interested in trying.
    When they say that knots weaken rope, they mean when it is under load. Merely tying a knot and untying it won't affect the line in any negative way. It's just if you tie a knot and load the rope, the knot is the spot where it's most likely to break. That break is likely to occur at a lower weight threshold than the same rope without a knot.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Jarbridge River UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by shumway View Post
    When they say that knots weaken rope, they mean when it is under load. Merely tying a knot and untying it won't affect the line in any negative way. It's just if you tie a knot and load the rope, the knot is the spot where it's most likely to break. That break is likely to occur at a lower weight threshold than the same rope without a knot.
    Ah, I see. Thanks shumway! The idea for attempting an amsteel bracelet is still on then.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Ohhhh....I want an amsteel bracelet too! I have another 100' of paracord coming and I don't even know why! Won some shock cord on ebay and stalking the mailman until it comes. My son threw away some old sneakers and my husband caught me digging through the trash so I could remove the laces....and keep them....I don't know why....but I may need them for something. And I'm new! And a woman! I haven't even had my first hang yet! This is just ridiculous!

Hammock
    gathered-end /w sock
    Tarp
    catcut w/doors
    Insulation
    UQ10D860/ TQ15D700
    Suspension
    UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Ohhhh....I want an amsteel bracelet too! I have another 100' of paracord coming and I don't even know why! Won some shock cord on ebay and stalking the mailman until it comes. My son threw away some old sneakers and my husband caught me digging through the trash so I could remove the laces....and keep them....I don't know why....but I may need them for something. And I'm new! And a woman! I haven't even had my first hang yet! This is just ridiculous!
    Goodness!!!!! :ROFL:

Hammock
    HH expedition ; BB double layer
    Tarp
    hh hex WB Supr Fly
    Insulation
    .5ccf speer s.p.e.
    Suspension
    variety
    It takes a black soul to admit it... but I'll be glad to help anyone who wants to learn how to make there own cordage. I love to see the seeds of addiction planted in some un suspecting dabbler.
    On the forth of JUly I spent the afternoon twisting rope with my father. Big stuff! 1.75" ?tow rope. Made from Monophilament baleing string. 90 strands. That was a big twist..... While patriotic activities swarmed about me I was stuck in my additiction.
    Let me know what kind of fibers you want to twist... and what you want to make from them.
    How many time have you heard.......? "nice hammock what about when there are no trees?"

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567