Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Thanks for all the ideas. I think the shock cord is the way to go. But that brings me to another question. I'm wondering if I should install fixed tie out attachment points or should I use the marble/acorn method, so I can adjust according to the terrain?
    I appreciate everyone taking the time to answer a noobs questions.
    I have already learned so much.

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    I would start with the marble tie out method until you find where your ideal tie out spot would be, then make a permanent attachment point. my 2cents.

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Shockcord works well here. Allows the hammock to flex when you get in and move around, and not stress things.
    A sturdy line like you mentioned would have to adjusted perfectly to work right when the hammock is occupied/swaying.
    1/8" shockcord is available at all sewing supply stores.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Images
    I have ordered some shock cord. My next dumb question is, do I make my entire tie out lines of shock cord, or do I add some shock cord into something like mason line?

Quote Originally Posted by hrairoorah View Post
    I have ordered some shock cord. My next dumb question is, do I make my entire tie out lines of shock cord, or do I add some shock cord into something like mason line?
    Just use shock cord and keep it simple. An easy way to attache them until you get everything set up ie length etc is to just tie a knot in the side of your hammock and use a slip knot in the shock cord to attach to hammock. Dead center of the hammock may or may not get in your way when you get in and out of the hammock espically at night. Also attach some engineer tape that glows in the dark to keep from tripping at night. Don't ask me how I know this. BTW I prefer to attach them about 1/4 to 1/3 down the hammock at the head end, but everyone is diffrent you may not like the way I do it.

Just use shock cord and keep it simple. An easy way to attache them until you get everything set up ie length etc is to just tie a knot in the side of your hammock and use a slip knot in the shock cord to attach to hammock. Dead center of the hammock may or may not get in your way when you get in and out of the hammock espically at night. Also attach some engineer tape that glows in the dark to keep from tripping at night. Don't ask me how I know this. BTW I prefer to attach them about 1/4 to 1/3 down the hammock at the head end, but everyone is diffrent you may not like the way I do it.

Images
    Once more I have another dumb question. What is a good length for the shock cord? I will be trying at least 2 tie outs on the hammock and 2 on the bug net. How long should I cut each piece of shock cord?

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Once more I have another dumb question. What is a good length for the shock cord? I will be trying at least 2 tie outs on the hammock and 2 on the bug net. How long should I cut each piece of shock cord?
    I have not measured the pullouts on my HH, but my pullouts on my tarp are 8ft, and the hammock hangs lower...so I would say 6-7ft. just my 2 cents....

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12