Images

Wink In case you forgot

I was out testing both Permethrin treated clothing today, as well as a Grizzbridge. Both worked great!

But lately I have been reminded of the charms of my Claytor No Net.

I need very little sag in this hammock. It is comfortable either way, little sag or lots.

Claytor Diagonal lay right or left easy to find a sweet spot with no calf pressure and only minimal knee hyper-extension, or sometimes zero knee H-E with exact sweet spot:

Claytor mid-line position. No need for diagonal. My legs are straight, or actually knees with miniscule bend, ZERO calf pressure/knee hyper-extension. This is the perfect way to use a PeaPod, and as or more comfortable as a diagonal position.

Any one else ever sleep on the mid-line? I switch back and forth between diagonal and mid-line, but comfort is just fine on the mid-line.

I don't think many folks are buying Claytors anymore. And some folks will prefer other brands for a variety of reasons. But this hammock remains one of my favorites, and THE favorite- for me- when using a PeaPod. This narrow hammock allows the top layer of the PeaPod to be closer to my body with less gap. And laying on the mid-line allows the top to sag down even more.

Hammock
    I only have the ones I've made
    Tarp
    DIY Bumble Bee
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images

Mid line

I haven't slept that way yet, but it works well for lounging especially to add a little visibility to the surroundings.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I don't think many folks are buying Claytors anymore.
    See what happens when neo stops posting.

I've been trying to sleep mid-line for a while now. I actually started sleeping that way because I kept falling asleep watching TV in the bedroom while sitting/laying in my Brazilian like your picture at the bottom. It allows me to keep my head elevated, which is important in the battle against Acid Reflux; that's what the doc tells me anyway. Surprisingly comfortable. Maybe I'll bust out one of my Claytors this weekend and give it another go.
    Trust nobody!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    See what happens when neo stops posting.

I've been trying to sleep mid-line for a while now. I actually started sleeping that way because I kept falling asleep watching TV in the bedroom while sitting/laying in my Brazilian like your picture at the bottom. It allows me to keep my head elevated, which is important in the battle against Acid Reflux; that's what the doc tells me anyway. Surprisingly comfortable. Maybe I'll bust out one of my Claytors this weekend and give it another go.
    I need to test thoroughly and see if there is an advantage using very little sag while in the mid-line, at least with the Claytor. But diagonal OR mid-line, I have always felt this Claytor No Net was less critical of amount of sag than any other hammock I have tried. I never have bothered with a RL on it, because lots of sag or little, it just doesn't seem to matter much. I don't know whether all of that applies equally to a Claytor Jungle or not.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss with camo bug net
    Tarp
    Claytor diamond
    Insulation
    down, IX, fleece
    Suspension
    dutchclips
    Images
    I have a Hammock Bliss no net that is the same way. Without netting or any quilts pulled too tightly underneath it's pretty comfortable whichever way you lay in it. Seems if you attach an UQ with the suspension pulled too tight it changes the comfort level a little. Maybe less restrictve=more comfort?

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I used to sleep mid line most of the time in my Claytor and also in my Clark 250. Sometimes I would bend my knees slightly and rest them on the sides of the hammock. Very Comfortable.

Miguel

• + New Posts