Hey Everyone

I have recently ordered a Switchback and a Mac cat ultra tarp. I now have to decide on the UQ. At first I was going to get one of the baby orcas but it only has a rating of 40. I think I could get by with that most of the time during the summer but I wouldn't mind having the peace of mind I can get down to at least the 30's with out any additional pieces except for the UQ.

This is where I am leaning towards the hammock gear UQ. I have read great reviews and they do look great. Because of the cost I will probably only own one UQ in the near future and will do some winter camping. Nothing to extreme.

If I were to get a 3 season and than put a thermarest between the layers of the hammock during the winter how low could you go?

What I really trying to figure out is would I be able use a winter UQ in the summer or would it be to much of a hassle?

My second question. I am only 5' 10". during the summer I would rather not carry any sort of pad for my feet, would I be able to get away with that on a 3/4? Or would the full length be the best bet?

Thanks again. Many of you have already provided a lot of sound advice over the last couple of weeks and I am very grateful!