Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
Mole,
Thanks for the additional info. Did you use the CN5K.18 for the straps? I was worried about their strength if they were the same material as the tarp canopy. How does "CN..." differ from "CT..."? I understand the "5K.18" part (very tough - are you going to make a pack?) Were you able to buy it in small quanties? If you had to buy 9 m., would you like to sell me some?
Yes, CN5K.18 (49g/m^2) for the straps. That material feels amazingly strong. You can cut it with a sharp blade or puncture it with a sharp point, but that's about it. I cannot imagine how it could be ripped apart or teared under realistic circumstances.

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea about the differences between "CN" and "CT".

My source (I live in Finland) is a German based extremtextil, they sell three different varieties of cuben laminates (multiple colors) and the 3M adhesive transfer tape by the roll: http://www.extremtextil.de/catalog/a...keywords=cuben

They have an amazing selection of DIY materials and they ship worldwide, but given the current EUR vs. USD exchange rates the prices are probably absurdly high for US-based customers. Oh, and I believe you can even order quantities of less than one meter.

I have only about one meter of each material left, so I cannot do anything too fancy with those. Maybe I'll get some more and try making a pack... or rain chaps... or a rain poncho... or...