I am going to be visiting my daughter in Portland OR Sept 8-15. I have read of all the hammocker gatherings in that area and wished I could meet some of you. My daughter and I will volunteer at the Japanese gardens in the evenings on Sept 11-13 while I am there. She works during the day. Additionally, I was thinking of extending my time in the area to maybe meet some hammockers in the area, hike a bit, see the coast. I could take a train, rent a car, etc. to make plane reservations by midnight tonight to take advantage of their sale. If anyone has any suggestions to help me extend my adventure I can be in the area another week, which would give me a weekend to plan with folks who work, or I could maybe meet others during the week.

I can hike gently up to about five miles, and would prefer car camping rather than backpacking for this outing. I would love any advice about good camping or B & B type destinations.

PM me if you need more information. I will be burning the midnight oil deciding what dates to reserve.