Need some quick help with determining pad width.

I am getting a BlackBird (1.1DL) sometime later this week, USPS willing, but I have to leave for a week of boyscout camp Sat. morning.
I am planning to take along a pad to use for any cool weather. I have a new 1/4" 36x48 and a 1/16" (more like 1/8) 72x48 ($8!) Minicel ccf pad (linked from WB site).
I spent last night out in my ENO DL with just my cheap ~30 deg bag (no pads) and it was 58-60 deg out. I noticed an occasional slight coolness on the backside, but I slept well and felt very comfortable (I have always been a hot sleeper - ask the S.O.).
So, I need to do some cutting before I leave. I know the standard camp pads at 20" are too narrow, and I also know I'll need to find what works for me, but I need a starting point. I don't want to end up trimming off 10 - 1" strips and waste what I could turn into a set of wings.
I won't really have time to make an SPE, or fix wings onto it before I leave.
I am looking at Sgt. Rocks site and he has a fancy pad sandwich thing that starts at 28 inches, goes for 3 feet and then tapers down to 18 inches over the last 2 feet (his starts at 60").

Is that a good starting size for the blackbird - those of you who do use pads with the DL? What width works for you?

3 directions come to mind:
- Starting with just the 1/4", cut like above, but 48" long. Rig up something for the foot box. Doesn't leave much extra 1/4"materal.
- I could try something more complex with a narrower central section (~20-24") of the 1/4" on top of a wider 1/16" layer for better flexibility and comfort but still with good side coverage. I like, but what widths?
- Start cutting a full length pattern with the just 1/16" pad.

Going with #2, using a 20" 1/4" central section would leave a nice chunk of pad for other things, but I am 6' and 190 and I don't want to make it too small.
I am kind of flying blind with this as I have never used or seen a pad in a hammock and I really don't want to ruin nor waste my foam. I am looking for some starting points or alternative ideas.

Thanks and sorry for length,
Jason