Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    After comparing it to some other tarps out there I have decided to order a Old Man Winter Tarp as I do not have a storm/winter tarp. Hard call as there are some excellent choices out there to select from.

It is a little shorter than the two other contenders I was looking at but I decided to go wth Old Man Winter Tarp as the doors fold straight in and not inward which looks like the Old Man would give me a little bit more room under the tarp if I have to be walking around under it. At 6ft 2 I need all the extra room I can get.

I contacted Wilderness Logics about adding Tri Rings ( I am providing them ) to the pull outs and Marty said no problem. Just waiting for him to reply to my email as to where he wants me to send the Tri Rings to.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    After comparing it to some other tarps out there I have decided to order a Old Man Winter Tarp as I do not have a storm/winter tarp. Hard call as there are some excellent choices out there to select from.

It is a little shorter than the two other contenders I was looking at but I decided to go wth Old Man Winter Tarp as the doors fold straight in and not inward which looks like the Old Man would give me a little bit more room under the tarp if I have to be walking around under it. At 6ft 2 I need all the extra room I can get.

I contacted Wilderness Logics about adding Tri Rings ( I am providing them ) to the pull outs and Marty said no problem. Just waiting for him to reply to my email as to where he wants me to send the Tri Rings to.
    aweasome man! I love mine. and marty is a great guy. I think knotty had a thread that showed that a 10 ft ridgeline really isnt much less coverage than a 12ft because of the hex cut
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Just got my new tarp today. Too hot/humid to hang but I figure I can at least set it up this weekend to check it out.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Just got my new tarp today. Too hot/humid to hang but I figure I can at least set it up this weekend to check it out.
    post some pics for us when you get it up!
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Got my Old Man Winter tarp in the mail a couple of days ago. Came neatly folded in it's stuff sack.

Naturally the past few weeks we have not had any wind until this AM when I decided to set up the tarp in my backyard hammock testing area. Maybe it will help cool things off here.

I weighed the tarp and it came in at 20oz. Before anyone says, Hey, the stated weight on the web site is 18.6 oz, I had Marty make a modification to the tarp by adding 14 plastic Tri Rings that I provided to the tie/pull outs ( he did this at no charge, so Thanks Marty ) which added the extra 1.4 oz. When I sent the Tri Rings to Marty I forgot to include enough Tri Rings to include the Ridge Line pull out, my mistake

Pulled the tarp out of the bag and checked the sewing and found the seams to be neat and straight and I found one loose thread on the entire tarp.

A couple of the tie/pull outs were a little off center from the triangular black re-enforcement fabric but even after I yanked and pulled on them they seem plenty strong so I do not see it as an issue unless you are anal about stuff like that. I am more into the function of the product than the looks.

The tarp sets up like the others I have used and other than it being windy, no problems. I played with the built in doors and like the fact I can adjust them in a varity of ways depending on the conditons such as closing up the tarp in a rain storm or extending out for extra coverage or fold them back over the tarp.

Looks like it will be a few weeks before I can give the tarp a real test by hanging under it as it is too hot here like most of the country along with being super humid as I am right on the coast here in North Carolina

I went ahead and used the tube of silcone sealer Marty provided to seal the ridge line and side pull outs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gunner76; 07-24-2011 at 17:29.

Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Arrowhead Toxaway
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Nice! Where is the fireplace?

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    tarp looks good man. I love mine. Im just a big tarp kind of guy even in summer.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Where is the fireplace?
    could not get the shot of the fireplace to come out, maybe next time..

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    sharp as a tack and tight as a drum.
    i have to have one!
    that thing looks cavernous! is there an echo in there?

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast