WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    I love mine too. I added the whoopies and the adjustable (Amsteel whoopie-) SRL right away. It was only after I tore out my elastic loops that I ran the SRL through the netting. Best thing I ever did to the SBPro!

I also use Harbor Freight straps, which I kept full length, and a pair of wooden toggles made from wooden pen blanks. I kept the whole length on the straps, but I could easily trim them down. And my whoopies are longer than I need, and I may shorten those as well (just trying to be prepared for large trees). My whole hammock (with straps and toggles) weighs 29.6 oz. I could possibly trim off 2.5 oz with storter straps and whoopies (loops).

I am still learning about the hammock. Like I posted somewhere recently, I just started staking out the sides of the hammock, which really opens it up inside and in my mind, adds to the comfort. Will eventually trade out my 7/64" tie outs for zing it and a piece of shock cord.

As I add gear and learn more and more, I only like hammocking more and more.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

thought i'd come back here and update.
    grand trunk did replace the hammock that i had posted shots of earlier in this thread.

gotta give props to anyone who stands behind their product.

Hammock
    BIAS Camper
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie w/ toggles
    Now that you've made the mod to run the SRL through the netting, are you still able to flip the hammock over and put the netting under you?

I am looking into a SBP and this looks like a great modification to do. My only concern is that I would want to be able to flip it over.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL, GTUL
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10X10
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Have you seen this thread?
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=39654

This ridgeline mod seems to have been pioneered by GrizzlyAdams... I saw photos of his modified SBPro on this forum, but cannot find them now... Worth looking for, as he is the father of this idea and his SBPro turned out looking really cool.

Also, why does the search function work so badly, and why am I on a hammock forum @ 4am?

Hammock
    BIAS Camper
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie w/ toggles
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerock View Post
    Have you seen this thread?
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=39654

This ridgeline mod seems to have been pioneered by GrizzlyAdams... I saw photos of his modified SBPro on this forum, but cannot find them now... Worth looking for, as he is the father of this idea and his SBPro turned out looking really cool.

Also, why does the search function work so badly, and why am I on a hammock forum @ 4am?
    Thanks for the help! I will definitely search for that thread.

I'm thinking a mini caribiner to make it easily detachable....maybe that will work!

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bamaman08 View Post
    Now that you've made the mod to run the SRL through the netting, are you still able to flip the hammock over and put the netting under you?

I am looking into a SBP and this looks like a great modification to do. My only concern is that I would want to be able to flip it over.

Quote Originally Posted by bamaman08 View Post
    Thanks for the help! I will definitely search for that thread.

I'm thinking a mini caribiner to make it easily detachable....maybe that will work!
    bamaman08, I have tried a detatchable 'beaner on the ridge before with mixed results. I used it so I could detach the ridge, feed it through the guide holes in the netting. That way I can use it with the netting in warm temps when bugs are about, but for winter hanging. I can "unfeed" the ridge, flip the hammock over for use without the net, and reset the SRL to the same length. I tried this first with a #2 s-biner, but it shattered the first time I sat in the hammock. I then tried a beefier biner, but rejected it due to bulk and weight.

Now I just use a larks head on both ends of the SRL around the amsteel (whoopie slings). When I want to change. I slightly loosen the larks head, enough to remove it over the end of the whoopie sling. Then I remove it from the netting, and slip it the lark's loop back over the end of the whoopie.

If you are interested in seeing it, PM me, and we can meet some time and I will show it to you. Sorry the original pics do not show it. I just checked out my other photos, and nothing shows the attachment point of the SRL to the whoopies. I will be out backpacking after Christmas. I will try to rememeber to take pics then.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    BIAS Camper
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's Tarp
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie w/ toggles
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Skipper View Post
    bamaman08, I have tried a detatchable 'beaner on the ridge before with mixed results. I used it so I could detach the ridge, feed it through the guide holes in the netting. That way I can use it with the netting in warm temps when bugs are about, but for winter hanging. I can "unfeed" the ridge, flip the hammock over for use without the net, and reset the SRL to the same length. I tried this first with a #2 s-biner, but it shattered the first time I sat in the hammock. I then tried a beefier biner, but rejected it due to bulk and weight.

Now I just use a larks head on both ends of the SRL around the amsteel (whoopie slings). When I want to change. I slightly loosen the larks head, enough to remove it over the end of the whoopie sling. Then I remove it from the netting, and slip it the lark's loop back over the end of the whoopie.

If you are interested in seeing it, PM me, and we can meet some time and I will show it to you. Sorry the original pics do not show it. I just checked out my other photos, and nothing shows the attachment point of the SRL to the whoopies. I will be out backpacking after Christmas. I will try to rememeber to take pics then.
    That's exactly what I was wondering. I wouldn't plan on flipping it over too often, just wanted to have the option to. I have a dynaglide adjustable ridgeline and whoopies, so I can basically do what you're saying.

I'm thinking my girlfriend is getting me the SBP for xmas, so if I can't get it figured out I'll shoot you a PM. Thanks for the help!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL, GTUL
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10X10
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Ahh found Grizz's post about his SB Pro ridgeline Modification...

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=5045

Hammock
    wally world cheapo
    Tarp
    Soon to be Diy
    Insulation
    Pad/sleeping bag
    Hey guys, awesome info. I'm getting into Hanging this year. And I'm really leaning towards the SB Pro. The price and reviews just can't be beat. My questions are if I do the Grizz mods to add the internal ridge line what do you do with the existing net loops and do you just drape a tarp over that or use another ridge line with your tarp? Thanks for an awesome site!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7DL, GTUL
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10X10
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Another ridge line...
    The hammock ridgeline is meant to be pretty loose and your hammock will swing of course.

The tarp on the other hand should be over a very taught line and staked down tight, so shouldnt be hanging over a ridgeline that is moving!

Good times.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast