Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Someone on HF once described their adjustment of the Incubator to be so tight it actually raised the empty hammock a bit. That seems to be the way that works best for mine as well.

Hammock
    Clark
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HGWinter Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Ok cheers guys. Just to update, I've tried tightening it all up, and last night was the final straw, there is just not enough room for my shoulders, and I find that it makes the hammock feel really small too. I've adjusted it, moved it, shock corded it, all kinds of things. I've concluded that it's just not wide enough for me.

And its not different widths at each end, it's exactly the same (I just measured it), it's also symetrical in shape terms ie not wider around the shoulders.

So I think I may have to have one made which is a good 8 inches wider. Thanks for all the advice, and I may well be putting it on the for sale board in the not too distant future which is a shame because it's a great product and I've looked after it, I just don't think it's right for me.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    I've only used my incubator once and had a similar issue, and I'm not a big guy. I snugged it up very tightly and yes, it did look strange when no one was in it. But constantly during the night I found the quilt slipped off my shoulders and made me cold. So I went back to using a pad.

Reading the contributions to this post has me wondering if I had it on wrong. It bothers me that Hammock Gear never indicated that there was a head end and a foot end. In fact, it bothers me that there's no "instruction manual" or any tips or recommendations anywhere on their site.

Nick I wonder how you measured the ends? Just now I went and measured the quilt ends and discovered to my surprise that there IS a difference of about 4 or 5 inches between the widths of the ends (24 or 25 inches versus 28 or 29 inches); that one end--the smaller one-- has a knot in the shockcord and only one cordlock, while the larger wider end has two cordlocks and no knot.

I don't want to hijack your thread, Nick, but maybe HG folks or those who are "in the know" can tell me which end is which. Maybe I'll try using it again this summer if I can make it work. And maybe all we need to do is turn it around.

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room

Instuctions....

Quote Originally Posted by sturgeon View Post
    It bothers me that Hammock Gear never indicated that there was a head end and a foot end. In fact, it bothers me that there's no "instruction manual" or any tips or recommendations anywhere on their site.

I don't want to hijack your thread, Nick, but maybe HG folks or those who are "in the know" can tell me which end is which. Maybe I'll try using it again this summer if I can make it work. And maybe all we need to do is turn it around.
    Sturgeon - I am very sorry about this. We may have missed putting one in your box, but we include an instructional sheet with every order shipped out since the beginning of this year. I can send one to you, but I agree, there should be an instructional information page on the website. I will be adding this tonight. I hope that clears up a lot of confusion.

Also, please be aware we really don't have an "off-clock", so calling to either talk to us or to leave a message to be returned can help you with your setup easier than trying to figure it out. The shop is literally running 24/7, with us taking turns and with shop assistants. Our focus is making sure the best products get to you with minimal setup. If you are less than satisfied, we want to know.

I'll get the instructions up tonight....

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sturgeon View Post
    I've only used my incubator once and had a similar issue, and I'm not a big guy. I snugged it up very tightly and yes, it did look strange when no one was in it. But constantly during the night I found the quilt slipped off my shoulders and made me cold. So I went back to using a pad.

Reading the contributions to this post has me wondering if I had it on wrong. It bothers me that Hammock Gear never indicated that there was a head end and a foot end. In fact, it bothers me that there's no "instruction manual" or any tips or recommendations anywhere on their site.

Nick I wonder how you measured the ends? Just now I went and measured the quilt ends and discovered to my surprise that there IS a difference of about 4 or 5 inches between the widths of the ends (24 or 25 inches versus 28 or 29 inches); that one end--the smaller one-- has a knot in the shockcord and only one cordlock, while the larger wider end has two cordlocks and no knot.

My brother has one and had a similar problem until we reversed the quilt. The bigger end is the shoulder end.
    Also, like some of the other guys on here have said, don't cinch the ends up too tight. It needs to be tight lengthwise so it wraps around you but relaxed a bit on the ends so it doesn't slip off of the shoulders. Also, make sure the cord on the footbox side is above the footbox.

Best way to figure it out is get out and play with it. It helps to have someone with you so you can see what it looks like when someone is laying in it.

HY
    “Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared” - Jack Handy

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thorwren View Post
    Sturgeon - I am very sorry about this. We may have missed putting one in your box, but we include an instructional sheet with every order shipped out since the beginning of this year. I can send one to you, but I agree, there should be an instructional information page on the website. I will be adding this tonight. I hope that clears up a lot of confusion.

Also, please be aware we really don't have an "off-clock", so calling to either talk to us or to leave a message to be returned can help you with your setup easier than trying to figure it out. The shop is literally running 24/7, with us taking turns and with shop assistants. Our focus is making sure the best products get to you with minimal setup. If you are less than satisfied, we want to know.

I'll get the instructions up tonight....
    Thanks Thorwren. I wasn't expecting such a quick reply!
    I didn't receive any instructional page with the quilt [I ordered before the beginning of the year] so I just assumed, by eyeballing it, that the quilt was symmetrical, and then likely hung it backwards. This weekend I'll do a hang to figure it all out. I really want it to work!
    Sorry for venting in a public forum; it's not my usual style--I should've contacted you guys directly.
    Looking forward to seeing the instruction page on the website.
    Sturgeon

Thanks Hangin' Yankee for the tips.
    Sorry NickJ for hijacking your thread. I hope you can work out a comfy way to hang.

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    Thanks for this request for the information. I posted a quick and dirty FAQ page for now on the website. We're working on deadlines, so I can't commit to a good webpage quite yet. It's up there though, and I'll refine it as I go. Sturgeon, you will get a copy in your PM. Thanks again, folks!

Hammock
    DIY(s)
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    Same thing happened to me, only I was totally baffled (ha!) because I'm not that big (ie, this thing is huge and should fit me, gosh darn it). I turned it around and voila! Much better.

Hope you get your system worked out Nick! The incubator is a great piece of gear.

Hammock
    Clark
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HGWinter Incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    I was contacted by Jenny a couple of weeks ago with an incredibly generous offer to take back my current quilt and replace it with the newer style ones with the wider shoulder end. We chatted via email and my new quilt is on the way. I'm absolutely thrilled at such an amazing offer, and the attention given by the firm - it really does not get any better than that!

Thanks again guys, amazing service!

Hammock
    BLACKBIRD 1.7 DBL AND DIY GATHERED
    Insulation
    WINTER INCUBATOR
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE
    this topic is what saved me before i received my incubator.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast