PolyD
    Tarp
    OES MacCat ultra
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images
    I was up at Lytle Creek about 2yrs ago for BSA basic backpacking training. We went up about 2.5 miles to camp near some water falls I don't remember the name. There were plenty of trees to hang from.
    Have fun.
    Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course.
    Translated by George Fyler Townsend. Aesop's Fables (p. 18). Amazon Digital Services, Inc..

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End 1.9
    Tarp
    STS 10x10 Escapist
    Insulation
    DIY Full Length UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggerhpy View Post
    I was up at Lytle Creek about 2yrs ago for BSA basic backpacking training. We went up about 2.5 miles to camp near some water falls I don't remember the name. There were plenty of trees to hang from.
    Have fun.
    That's exactly where I will camping actually Glad to know that there will be some trees for me to hang from.

I'm going to be taking another trip before Lytle where I plan on hanging as well. I'm itching to get out since I have some new gear that I want to use and play with. Finally dialed my gear down to an 11lbs base weight...so happy

Lytle Creek

Quote Originally Posted by mangus7175 View Post
    That's exactly where I will camping actually Glad to know that there will be some trees for me to hang from.

I'm going to be taking another trip before Lytle where I plan on hanging as well. I'm itching to get out since I have some new gear that I want to use and play with. Finally dialed my gear down to an 11lbs base weight...so happy
    11 lbs base weight? That's great, man. Any way this trip could be a group hang? (Sorry, didn't mean to invite myself.) If not, maybe you, me and Triggerhpy could talk about setting something up in the next couple of months? I know you two have some spots you might have in mind.

Michael

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End 1.9
    Tarp
    STS 10x10 Escapist
    Insulation
    DIY Full Length UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Mike View Post
    11 lbs base weight? That's great, man. Any way this trip could be a group hang? (Sorry, didn't mean to invite myself.) If not, maybe you, me and Triggerhpy could talk about setting something up in the next couple of months? I know you two have some spots you might have in mind.

Michael
    Go for it. Im going on the 19th. Im planning on being at the chantry flats trailhead around 7am then take the Gabrielino trail to Spruce then maybe dayhike around the area. PM me for more details or shoot me an email.

Hammock
    PolyD
    Tarp
    OES MacCat ultra
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images
    I may not have any time for a hang till Aug or Sep. Most of my summer is with my Troop.
    Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course.
    Translated by George Fyler Townsend. Aesop's Fables (p. 18). Amazon Digital Services, Inc..

SoCal Hanging'

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerhpy View Post
    I may not have any time for a hang till Aug or Sep. Most of my summer is with my Troop.
    No problem, Trigger. Thanks for letting us know. That's great that you'll be busy with the scouts. We'll be in touch.

SoCal Mike

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234