Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Hammock
    GrizzBridge
    Tarp
    DD Camo
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushman of yukon View Post
    Maybe not a bad idea I was considering this http://www.grouseriver.com/Mossberg_...gun-000059.htm
    that's a nice one!! but what if it is just a guy dressed up like a Grizz -then you'd be in trouble.i strongly suggest you practice some of these moves so that you are ready next time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVS1UfCfxlU (yes i'm sure you have seen it but...)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTramp View Post
    that's a nice one!! but what if it is just a guy dressed up like a Grizz -then you'd be in trouble.i strongly suggest you practice some of these moves so that you are ready next time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVS1UfCfxlU (yes i'm sure you have seen it but...)
    Any one with brains wouldn't pull a stunt like that with a hanger or tenter That was a funny vid for sure haha! Never seen that one.

Images
    Maybe not a bad idea I was considering this http://www.grouseriver.com/Mossberg_...gun-000059.htm
    Oh yes, that is the Cat's Meow all right! Nothing like six 72 caliber 12 gauge slugs for those close up encounters with the big boys, especially if the bear spray does not do it. Wonder what that weighs? I'm guessing 4 or 5 lbs?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Oh yes, that is the Cat's Meow all right! Nothing like six 72 caliber 12 gauge slugs for those close up encounters with the big boys, especially if the bear spray does not do it. Wonder what that weighs? I'm guessing 4 or 5 lbs?
    Yeah for sure I'm guessing it would be in the 4-5 pound range too. The electric bear fence weighs 4.7 lb. with batteries but this would feel better

Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Hey Bushman of yukon,

Glad to hear that you are alright and were not in the hammock at the time. I think one of those electric fence kits for your area may be a good idea.

Take care my buddy,
    Take care,
    Bluefin

Bluefin's Videos

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEFIN 774 View Post
    Hey Bushman of yukon,

Glad to hear that you are alright and were not in the hammock at the time. I think one of those electric fence kits for your area may be a good idea.

Take care my buddy,
    Thanks buddy I'm still on the fence about the fence I like the defender better. It's fun to blow things away I need more rugs and claws

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Anyone notice the irony in a video about a bear tearing up a hammock and ending with "Enjoy the Wild"?

Glad a hammock and tarp were the only things damaged. They can be dealt with a lot easier than one of you guys.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    MEC Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    The 18.5 inch barrel Mossberg (with an OAL of 31 inches and about 6 pounds) is certainly an option but not the best IMO. With the .72 cal slug, 2.75 inch shell will not cut it for bear defense IMO; not enough penetration. When you go up to 3" magnum shells this will limit your round count to 3 (maybe 4) +1 or less, which I guess is good enough but..... I would further like to point that shooting 3" magnum 1+ ounce slugs from a shotgun with only a pistol grip is not very fun and is painful for most people. If multiple rounds are required in an emergency situation the large amount of recoil will slow your target acquisition and serious impair your aim. Shot placement is important. If you do decide to use this firearm for bear defense don't cheap out on the ammunition (no aluminum). The cheap stuff can jam. No matter which firearm you choose nothing beats practice and keeping recurrent with your firearm. Having said that the Mossy 500 is a good fun-gun.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Thanks guys I have no idea why it bit more than once.
    One Word: FLOSSING.

Glad you weren't in it... If I were in that hammock, I'd soil myself so quick the bear would probably shake his head and leave...

So, it's probably not smart to discharge Bear Spray from inside a WBBB..... just sayin'....
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    MEC Guide
    A woman was found Thursday night partially eaten and four black bears were put down near Lillooet British Columbia.
    http://www.vancouversun.com/technolo...907/story.html

The article also states: A recent study by University of Calgary professor Stephen Herrero suggests that predatory bear (black) attacks are on the rise in North America.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast