Tarp
    AHE Toxaway
    Insulation
    DIY Primaloft
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Baby's 2nd Hike

My wife and I have a 6 month old daughter who loves to be outside. We tried taking her hiking once before, but she couldn't sit up well enough in the carrier so we had to turn around after less than 1/2 mile. Today we gave it another shot. We headed out to Sumter National Forest and hiked to Licklog falls and Pigpen Falls. Our initial plan was to only hike to the first set of falls and set up our hammocks for an afternoon nap, but a family with a bunch of kids was there so we kept on going. Here's a pic of Pigpen falls that we took on the way out.

We ended hiking past both sets of falls to a little campsite by the Chatooga River where we stopped for lunch and a nap. Here's a pic of us at the spot.
    We had lunch and let our dog Dixie off her leash for a bit so she could splash around in the river
    Taylor got her first chance to hang in the hammock by herself and she loved it

here are a couple of pics of the view from the hammock

Sadly we didn't get to stay long. it started to thunder about 20 minutes after we lay down to nap. We packed up and headed home. Taylor was so tired she fell asleep in her backpack
    All in all, it was a good trip even though it got cut a little short. now I've gotta convince my wife to help me make Taylor her own hammock so I won't have to lug around a tent for them.
    Last edited by futbolfreak08; 07-02-2011 at 23:27.

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Got yourself a cute little natural hanger there.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    That is one cute little hammock hanger you got there...and a great day to boot.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

• + New Posts