Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7DL
    Tarp
    W.B. BMJ

Arrow NEHHA Hang planning stage

OK, so as the elected president (still trying to figure this one out ) of NEHHA (New England Hammock Hangers Association) I think its time we try and figure out where the next hang for the fall should be.

It would be best for a group site that has lots of trees, like we had up at Mohawk Trail State Forest. Or we could pick a campground and just have everyone pay for there own site.

The location does not have to be a state park. It could be a private campground or someones house that has lots of trees.

I know that I said that I would like to keep it in or near Massachusetts, as it is the center for New England but I have no problem if everyone votes to have it farther North or South in R.I. or CT. I would think that the closer to main Highways, the easier it is for people to attend.

I would like to see the event 3 times a year if no one has any objections. These would happen in the Spring, Fall, and Winter.
    I know that we will most likely have fewer people show up in the winter, but it would be fun to hang out for a night or two. Besides winter events are fun and a great learning experience for anyone that wants to try it.

OK so please post your location ideas and then I will list them in a poll and we can go from there.

The date for all locations should be in by July 25 so we have time to make plans and pick a date.

Gene G.
    President of NEHHA

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    Dutchware tarp
    Insulation
    HG phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie dutchware
    Images
    Would be glad to come back to another hang! Why wait till fall?? Let's consider a weekend thing in Vermont perhaps? Ask Chaaaz about our last trip to grout pond. That whole area begs to be hung in!
    Peggy & Russ --The Jerzybears -

I do not read advertisements. I would spend all of my time wanting things.
    -Franz Kafka

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    There are a ton of camping areas in and around the Berkshires. Lots of views and of course, trees to hang from.

Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7DL
    Tarp
    W.B. BMJ
    My only problem is that my weekend are shot untill the 3rd weekend in September. After that I'm free.

One idea I have is we do a group hike/hang on the Taconic Crest Trail here in the Berkshires. I would think that its going to be a 3 day hike/hang as its 32 miles and it resembles parts of the appalachian trail in the southern region from what I have been told by a AT hiker.
    In September the weather is more reasonable and the bugs are not as vicious. Upon completion there is a TCT trail patch put out by the TCT club that is available to threw hikers of it for 2 bucks.

This could even be a separate event if anyone is interested in doing it that way.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    MacCat/Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Go Lite/3S Incu
    As always it is hard for me to plan that far out but as of now I am in. Just tell me where.

Ulysses

Hammock
    Custom Darien 11'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben & Sil SF
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie&Dutch bkls
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzybears View Post
    Would be glad to come back to another hang! Why wait till fall?? Let's consider a weekend thing in Vermont perhaps? Ask Chaaaz about our last trip to grout pond. That whole area begs to be hung in!
    Quote Originally Posted by genegene View Post
    My only problem is that my weekend are shot untill the 3rd weekend in September. After that I'm free.

One idea I have is we do a group hike/hang on the Taconic Crest Trail here in the Berkshires. I would think that its going to be a 3 day hike/hang as its 32 miles and it resembles parts of the appalachian trail in the southern region from what I have been told by a AT hiker.
    In September the weather is more reasonable and the bugs are not as vicious. Upon completion there is a TCT trail patch put out by the TCT club that is available to threw hikers of it for 2 bucks.

This could even be a separate event if anyone is interested in doing it that way.
    Hi Gene,

I think this would be a great separate event. The long hike might keep some people from being able to attend the group hang but I'm up for this one also. I was all set the last time but "She who must be obeyed" wasn't thrilled about driving me to the trail head and having to get up at 2 a.m. to do it and make it back on time for work. I think I'll have to plan my ride better this time

Hello Bears I keep hearing how nice it was at Grout pond. I'd like to see something there again at some point.

I'm sure we'll have some great idea's pouring in soon.
    --
    John

Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7DL
    Tarp
    W.B. BMJ
    Quote Originally Posted by R3l@x View Post
    Hi Gene,

I think this would be a great separate event. The long hike might keep some people from being able to attend the group hang but I'm up for this one also. I was all set the last time but "She who must be obeyed" wasn't thrilled about driving me to the trail head and having to get up at 2 a.m. to do it and make it back on time for work. I think I'll have to plan my ride better this time
    This section Im thinking of it the northern section that begins in Pittsfield State Forest and ends up in VT on 346.

We could start it at Pittsfield State Forest up top or have that be the camping location on Friday night. We would have to start the plans soon so I can figure out how to get around the park being closed for camping around that time.

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images

Depending on the time frame, and she-who-must-be-obeyed, I am in. Even if it is a separate event. I have been looking at doing that trail for some time now.

Hammock
    Custom Darien 11'
    Tarp
    HG Cuben & Sil SF
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie&Dutch bkls
    This section Im thinking of it the northern section that begins in Pittsfield State Forest and ends up in VT on 346.

We could start it at Pittsfield State Forest up top or have that be the camping location on Friday night. We would have to start the plans soon so I can figure out how to get around the park being closed for camping around that time.
    I was thinking south Taconic trail that you were on last time. I haven't done the Taconic crest section since I was a kid. Sounds like fun
    --
    John

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Full UQ/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Depending on what is going on with a couple of projects at work, I'm in. I will try (once again) to drag Tinny along. He and I just did an overnighter hike up to Long Pond Stream Lean-to above Monson on the AT this weekend. I heard that Grout Pond is fantastic, but Gene's plan works as well.

BTW, you heard it here first - Tinny is the new owner of a WBBB 1.7 DL with Whoopies. He's easing into the Hammock thing at a slow, but fairly steady pace.

I will watch this thread for developments...
    "The green earth, say you? That is itself a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day." -Aragorn, 'The Two Towers' by J.R.R. Tolkien

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast