I made a quilt. I machine stitched quilt batting between 2 layers of polyester dig camo material. I tried to sew the 2 layers with the batting on top, leaving 1 end open to turn inside out. This worked ok. I rolled the open ends in, and stitched across. I then tried (without pinning) to stitch rows across the width. This did not work, and the layers slid across each other despite my best efforts.
The pics are of my second attempt. The design is called "arrows" from an old quilting magazine. Four panels are completed, when finished it will be 3 feet wide x 6 feet long, with the backing being a layer of 200D cordura, hems rolled and brought up and over for 1/2 inch of the backing being visible on the top. I will try to "stitch in the ditch" all the squares. I will need to do some searching to decide how to mount it, I was thinking of adding grosgrain loops every foot down the length of my hammock, and matching loops with small shockcord to minibiners, or some such. It takes alot of time to do these small peices, and can be fussy. After I realized I could daisy chain the small pieces, and just keep feeding them into the machine, it went alot faster.