WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

The WBBB 1.1 dbl vs the 1.7 dbl...

It's here! The BB 1.1 dbl I ordered for my bride that is.

I'm a full figured fella (6-2 260 + or -) and first ordered the BB 1.7 dbl because the old WB weight scale showed that one to be the right set up for us hog body types. Later the open hammock called for simplicity of cold camp and insulation adjustment...enter the Traveler 1.1 dbl. Brandon had been reviewing the weigh capacities and told me a 1.1 dbl or 1.7 single would work fine for my heft.

I soon found that the lay of the Traveler 1.1 felt better than the BB 1.7. Softer and more support, like a sleep # bed adjusted for me I guess. Fast forward to a few weeks ago; the bride and I are camping at 7200'+ near a meadow and it is her first night in a hammock. She gets the 1.7 for the built in skeeter net and I fight the bugs in the Traveler (not long as the cold send them home). She likes the hammock...mission success!

Now we "need" another BB with skeeter netting; enter the BB 1.1 dbl above. It arrives yesterday in our 101 degree weather. After the gym the Byer Vario backyard lab is set up with the new BB. The important news is Judy likes it even more than the 1.7. The next best is I do too...might even like it more than the Traveler and not just for the netting. Love the new skeeter net tie back strings Brandon, small idea but big on practical. The BB 1.1 dbl offers the support and softness of the Traveler but also gives a more secure bed for the TQ (no @ 101 degrees it was not even looked at) and pillow. The closed netting changes the dynamics of the hammock lay just enough to make it perfect IMO.

The BB 1.7 dbl may come up for sale soon (to my son first though) and another BB 1.1 dbl ordered. Until then the BB 1.1 will be my go to when camping without Judy and I will "suffer" the 1.7 when she is along.

Nice work Brandon! I rate it...

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Both my wife and I have 1.1 dbl WBBB hammocks. She's nearly a hundred pounds lighter than my 240 lbs, but I definitely like the choice...and so does she.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Great write up of a great hammock.

I also have a WBBB 1.1 DBL and a 1.7 DBL. Love both of them don't know which one I love more. I do fell I get a flatter lay in the 1.7 dbl but I like the feel of the 1.1 material better. I just don't like the extra stretch I feel like I get in the 1.1 compared to the 1.7. Regardless I love both hammocks. I recently got a traveler single 1.7 and feel its a very comfortable hammock for some one my size (210 6') its much lighter then the 1.7 dbl I used to have. Any ways I love my warbonnet.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    She's nearly a hundred pounds lighter than my 240 lbs...
    Oh beep, you are so in trouble now!

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Great write up of a great hammock.

I also have a WBBB 1.1 DBL and a 1.7 DBL. Love both of them don't know which one I love more. I do fell I get a flatter lay in the 1.7 dbl but I like the feel of the 1.1 material better. I just don't like the extra stretch I feel like I get in the 1.1 compared to the 1.7.
    Thanks lrr.

The only comparison that works is our Sleep # bed. The bride likes #60 and I like #45 because it allows for less shoulder/hip compression during side sleeping. When I get to her side of the bed (OK, I heard that...knock it off fellas ) it feels like going to ground on the Exped mat. Different strokes I guess.

Hey maybe she will decide the 1.7 dbl works best for her, closer to her Sleep# 60.

• + New Posts