Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rip waverly View Post
    NOPE. just got redbeard's from the FS forum.

mighty fine looking hammock- and i'll reverberate everyone's assessments to this point, without typing them myself.

i'll have it out this weekend, and return with observations- most of which, again, have been stated on this piece of gear.
    Looking forward to your report.
    Just remember to forget all the wbbb setup rules like 30 degrees on the tree strap angle for proper sag or checking the SRL for play. Laying at a 30 degree asym angle to eliminate the leg pressure.

15-20 degrees would be a better tree strap angle and a 15 degree asym lay to hit the SB's flatspot.

hth

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Looking forward to your report.
    Just remember to forget all the wbbb setup rules like 30 degrees on the tree strap angle for proper sag or checking the SRL for play. Laying at a 30 degree asym angle to eliminate the leg pressure.

15-20 degrees would be a better tree strap angle and a 15 degree asym lay to hit the SB's flatspot.

hth
    thanks outandback- for the tips.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    My wife's Light Hiker arrived the other day which gave me the opportunity of comparing it to the Classic. I'm 6'2" and was wondering if I should have gone with the LH instead of the Classic.
    I tried the LH last night and slept for 10 straight hours. So yeah...I'd say someone that tall would be pretty happy with it. Upon waking I immediately set up the Classic. As comfortable as I was in the LH....I was even more comfortable in the Classic. I also like the option of using the spreader bar. I probably should have gone with a single layer to save weight since I rarely use a pad anyway.
    Both hammocks are awesome. I am 100% satisfied with the hammocks and the customer service I've received from Dale.

On a side note, I was able to hook up with SoCal Mike during my trip to CA. He tried out the Classic and really liked it. Word on the street has it that he may be ordering a Classic single layer. I'll include a pic of him trying it out. Check the big grin on that mug. There's a happy hanger!

Miguel
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Pisgah Dreamer DIY
    Tarp
    Mamajamba w/doors
    Insulation
    WL UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks for the comparisons. I was on the fence between SB or LH and the WBBB, but now I think it's just between SB single layer or LH. I'm 6'0" and 200lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    My wife's Light Hiker arrived the other day which gave me the opportunity of comparing it to the Classic. I'm 6'2" and was wondering if I should have gone with the LH instead of the Classic.
    I tried the LH last night and slept for 10 straight hours. So yeah...I'd say someone that tall would be pretty happy with it. Upon waking I immediately set up the Classic. As comfortable as I was in the LH....I was even more comfortable in the Classic. I also like the option of using the spreader bar. I probably should have gone with a single layer to save weight since I rarely use a pad anyway.
    Both hammocks are awesome. I am 100% satisfied with the hammocks and the customer service I've received from Dale.

On a side note, I was able to hook up with SoCal Mike during my trip to CA. He tried out the Classic and really liked it. Word on the street has it that he may be ordering a Classic single layer. I'll include a pic of him trying it out. Check the big grin on that mug. There's a happy hanger!

Miguel
    Yep, I was all grins in the SB Classic. Very comfortable, fantastic quality and tons of features. A big thank you to Miguel, who responded to a post where I asked for anyone with a SB if I could try it out at a demo. He went out of his way meet up with me during a visit with family and friends. This forum is great and everyone I've encountered so far has been very helpful and gracious in offering to show me their gear to help me with my decision on which hammock to get. I plan on grabbing an SB single layer Classic. Will certainly let everyone know how it works out. Thanks again, Miguel!

SoCal Mike

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by rodwolfy View Post
    One of the big differences between the LH and the SB, is that there are spreader loops on the no-see-um netting of the SB, but not on the LH. The net was really high above the hammock, once I got it strug up correctly. It felt like it was a little too tight of an upside down V shape. I talked to Dale about it and he said that if I took out some of the sag, it would stretch out better.
    So, I set it up again and tried different adjustments. I am apparently picky, because I didn't like the inverted "V" shape of the netting. I called Dale and I shipped back the Light Hiker. He's sending me a SB 1.1d. Coincidently, he said that they had come out with a couple of different new colors. If you look at his DIY materials page, they have a green and a blue colored material. I actually wanted the olive green, but he didn't have any.

So, I thought I'd try the blue colored one. Does anyone else have a BLUE SB 1.1d???

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    So, everything the LH was, but I like that the bug netting is more reinforced and you can use spreader bars.

The blue is darker than I expected, but looks great! I think that the green would be darker than Dale shows on his website too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123