WBBB 1.1 DL/Speer/Clark
    Tarp
    SpeerWT/HG Custom
    Insulation
    HGear UQ &TQs
    Suspension
    Whoopies/SShackles

Anyone weighed thier Clarks?

I just weighed my NX-250 and TX-150 and got some interesting results. I'm getting ready for a hike and making a database of the weight of all my equipment. I used a digital postal scale and out of all my gear, only a few items varied from their listed weights. One was my Granite Gear Wisp pack that weighed 3oz more than listed. Another thing were a few Mountain House meals that were about an ounce more then listed.

Here is the big deal though:

NX-250 (listed as 3lb 10oz on Clark site) Mine has a pair of 12ft whoopie slings and two 38g biners packed together and came in at 2lbs 13.7oz with poles.

My TX-150 (listed as 3lb 6oz on Clark site). Mine had a pair of 8ft whoopie slings and a pair of 32g biners packed together came in at 2lbs 13.7oz with poles.

That is pretty substantial! I checked in several times and reset the tar (I was using a plastic cake cover as a wide base). I'm still scratching my head.

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Just wondering if the listed weights on CJH's website include the weight of the tarp in with there calculations of the hammock weight.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL/Speer/Clark
    Tarp
    SpeerWT/HG Custom
    Insulation
    HGear UQ &TQs
    Suspension
    Whoopies/SShackles
    You know, I'd bet you are correct. I should have thought of that but didn't realize that there was a stock tarp that came with each one. I thought the choice of tarps was an option at checkout and wouldn't be fixed to a particular tarp but after looking through the Clark website, see I was wrong.

As you could guess, I don't use Clark tarps. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

• + New Posts