Tarp
    Chinook 12x9
    Insulation
    Nada ... yet
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images

Great video

That has to be one of the best videos I have seen. Great job.

I had to chuckle at the video / picture. I have numerous 2 second videos from doing the same thing.

STinGa
    Sarcasm is a dying art.

Eagle Scout September '85 Troop 339 Smyrna, TN

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Rhino
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    I just got the video up before another driving day on our family vacation. I could see comments (thanks to iPhone and rest stops) but comments had to wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I have been eagerly awaiting this movie....loved it. Grizz you had your GB where I hung my GB at Bear Lake......over those rocks that my eyeballs eyeballed.
    I gushed at the Mt. Trudee serenade))))))))
    Touched me at the end that you liked enough to return 'cause I aim to backpack with you.
    Voice-over was informational and exemplary.
    Shug o' Mt. Trudee
    Well if I'd known that I could scratched on a rock "Shug Slept Here!"
    That's really neat though, that kind of random intersection. And hike together we shall. One thing this trip showed me was that with quantumcat sharing driving duties, we can get between home and the North Shore in one shot. Makes a hike over a long weekend possible.

Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    Great stuff, as usual
    Look like a very nice trip, with great views.
    Fronkey had a scary moment ?
    How did Grizz knees like that rocky descent ?
    I did OK, but wouldn't want very much more of that kind of descent. It was the kind of place where climbing down facing the path (like going up in reverse) was very much an option to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    great video. looked like an aweasome trip. but I gotta ask what were those chairs being used around 3:00 into the video I like those alot
    Yes, these are great. They are "Alite Monarch Butterfly" chairs. Weighs very close to a pound, a pound I'm willing to haul around for the comfort it gives at breaks and at camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Running Feather View Post
    Thanks Grizz'

As always, a stellar recap of the events, ups and downs, and the highlights of what looked like a great trip.

Looked like a hale and hardy crew

JerryW's pack is a benchmark in DIY work that I strive to come close to before the end of days

Thanks for taking us along
    Jerry's stuff is awesome. We got to see his insulated bridge hammock too.

Quote Originally Posted by richtorfla View Post
    Thanks for the peek into your trip Griz. Much appreciated. Vid is great. Looks like its a nice place to get away too! Glad to see you and your boys still get out to hike together. Thats gotta be priceless.
    It's a blessing, no kidding, that they like doing this, and seem to like doing it with their male progenitor.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    Good as always. Thanks for sharing Grizz.
    Thanks for watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Great trip report/video Grizz ... looks like a most excellent time was had by all! Glad to see Mr. Green and JerryW again.
    I'd met Jerry before, his home town is on my way to a place I visit for work, and connected there once at a restaurant. My first time on the trail with him, and my first time with Mr. Green. Looking forward to more miles with these guys in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Lepmeister View Post
    Thanks for that, very informative and thoroughly enjoyable. I do like your style of voiceover and Vid combo.
    Thanks! putting voice over afterward helps to flesh out the story.

Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Very nice, Grizz! Glad you put this together to show. Thanks!
    Hey thanks Patrick, it's a labor I love, fooling with the editing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Excellent video Grizz, looks like it was some grand hilly hikin!
    And who would have thought, in Minnesota! Not big elevation like you get elsewhere, but a good workout here and there, with great views as a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
    Good stuff my friend ! Thanks again for the invite on this trip. It was a real pleasure sharing our little slice of heaven with you and the clan. I look forward to some miles in the future !
    That's a plan my friend, a solid plan.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryW View Post
    A very nice video, Grizz. Thanks for having me along, I really enjoyed the trip. And thanks for the kind words.

I really like the animated map sequences. They illustrate the path very well.
    Jerry
    I needed some filler! But I had the tracking on with my Garmin GPSMap 62s, and it takes snapshots of location pretty frequently. Got the track into the BaseCamp, and fooled around with program enough to learn how to get it to show the elevation profile, and watch the golden circle move as the highlighted point in the track is moved in a different window. Screen capture video, and viola! Map animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Haha that was awesome! I'm so glad you got part of my epic jump fall on video.

Love the elevation maps and great voice over.

Hope to hike with you and your boys again someday. I had such a blast on that trail.

Fronkey
    Sure enjoyed having you along. You kept the energy level high!

Quote Originally Posted by ldcakes View Post
    Very Nice! The map sequence was a fab way for us to follow along. I'm wondering, did you wear your boots across that beaver dam Grizz, or brave it without them? It looked pretty squishy!
    I did a recon attempt out in knock-off Crocs, and nearly lost them in the mud. My trail shoes were already about as wet as they could be (it was a very wet and muddy trail) and so when I went across with my pack, I went in shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeans View Post
    Grids,
    You have convinced me to hike this trail.
    Off you go! Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Great video. liked the map sequences,,,overdubbing etc. JW seems to be a DIY wizard,,,,,Looked like a good time.
    He's a wizard alright. Hammocks and packs are the easy stuff. He makes bicycles, rifles, motorcycles....

Quote Originally Posted by Doody View Post
    well now I know where to hike on my first week of august vacation!
    Let's hope it is a little drier for you. One thing I didn't capture on camera was the hopping from log to stone to dry clump of grass to stone...where the trail was nothing but mud.

Quote Originally Posted by sswens View Post
    Very Nice and informative Grizz enjoyed it! Thanks for Sharing.
    Glad you like it, I like to do a little education when I can. Not called ProfessorHammock for nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by carolinasbackpacker View Post
    Very nice... I enjoyed every second of that!
    I bet I could find a second not to enjoy But thanks, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    Wonderful presentation Grizz. Could be a tourist ad for Minnesota.
    Drainage pipe section needs some trail work calling Shug.
    Are slugs edible?
    I wouldn't know. Quantumcat might
    Any snakes in that sector?
    Didn't see any, but I understand that timber rattlers have been seen.
    Which tarp/tarp setup did you use for the bridge hammock?
    I was using a MacCat Ultra in spinntex. A couple of nights I used a GrizzBeak on one end---it sure was welcome the night of the big storm.

Did you resupply at each car jump?
    Yes, never had to carry more than 2 days worth of food at a time. I don't call that cheating, I call that good planning!

Leeches in the lakes?
    Not seen, but certainly that area of the world has honking great leeches just waiting for you!

Barefoot on the beaver bridge?
    No, my trail shoes were already pretty well soaked. I wanted traction.

Is Jerry selling the backpacks he makes-it looked sharp!
    Very sharp!

How long was the drive up from Illinois?
    Nine and a half hours from Duluth to home.
    With a son along to split driving duties, very doable.

I def. need to taste that trail....sometimes I feel it a shame the AT takes so much of my mind but it is a marriage until the bitter end.
    Thanks again a wonderful video-Tripudio rules the world.
    Well then hurry up and finish your AT sections. My place is on the way from yours to the SHT, off we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    That looks like a great time. Crossing beaver dams is tough.
    Tell you what, it was DEEP below the dam and just before it. A relief to get across, and fun to look back on.

Quote Originally Posted by bchboy1206 View Post
    That was enjoyable and beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing...

JimT
    Thanks, it's a great place to visit!

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Great video Grizz, really well done, and enjoyed the voice over work. Looks like you folks had a great time, and it was neat to watch your progress on the moving map.

Cheers
    many thanks, I like maps, and it was really cool that the software I'm using makes those elevation plots.

Quote Originally Posted by dmrichm View Post
    Great vid, Grizz! I actually felt like I was there! I really enjoyed that and that area has certainly made it onto my list of places to hike. Thanks!
    It was on my "Must do" list for a while, then when I read more about from HF members and saw shugs vids on it....had to go.

Quote Originally Posted by STinGa View Post
    That has to be one of the best videos I have seen. Great job.

I had to chuckle at the video / picture. I have numerous 2 second videos from doing the same thing.

STinGa
    There's lots more of stuff like that, principally the camera staying on when I thought it was off. There's a 12 minute segment where the audio is us all talking over lunch, with images of one son reaching over the camera to grab lunch fixings...12 minutes! The memory used! The battery charge used!

Quote Originally Posted by Old River Rat View Post
    Great video. Thanks for sharing.
    Hey, thanks for watching!
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    thankyou sir im gonna look into those chairs
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    Well done Grizz, I enjoyed that. Liked the map and altitude profile follow-along quite a bit. Thanks for sharing.
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    BB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    MacCat SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Nice. Love the video and loved the views. ... Looks like I might have to come up and do a bit of the SHT myself one day.
    "Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny." - Yoda

Hungry Hammock Hanger Website

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images

A Stroll on the SHT ???

Excellent video of an excellent hike with a great group of hangers. Now there is another place I have to get to. Gotta get another knee brace first.

Just had hundreds of slugs in the campsite one morning in northern Wisconsin. Unappetizing buggers were everywhere. UGH !!!

Interesting comment on Shug & Grizz as the "OLD GUARD OF HF"... They are Masters of the ART.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoleary View Post
    Well done Grizz, I enjoyed that. Liked the map and altitude profile follow-along quite a bit. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks RED. The altitude profile my GPS and software crank out really tell a story. Happy to share that.

Quote Originally Posted by babelfish5 View Post
    Nice. Love the video and loved the views. ... Looks like I might have to come up and do a bit of the SHT myself one day.
    Yep, it's a must do. While it is cooking at 100+ degrees F down where you live, up on the North Shore a bad day hits 80, and a more typical high is upper 60s. Gotta love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    Excellent video of an excellent hike with a great group of hangers. Now there is another place I have to get to. Gotta get another knee brace first.

Just had hundreds of slugs in the campsite one morning in northern Wisconsin. Unappetizing buggers were everywhere. UGH !!!

Interesting comment on Shug & Grizz as the "OLD GUARD OF HF"... They are Masters of the ART.
    It was a great group, and Jerry was the only one I'd met before. Happens again and again with HF types, strangers meet on the trail, and mesh well.

Slugs...Ugh....started keeping everything I could off the ground at night because of them.

"Old Guard", etc., y'all making me feel old! Shug can speak for himself...we're essentially the same age, but he can do stuff that just ain't right for those of us on the far side of 50.
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    Great video Grizz. Need to get you back down here in Ky to the Gorge again or maybe even a little trail I like around Cave Run Lake.
    Chris

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images
    Great Video Grizz! I definitely enjoy going up the drainpipe rather than down. Had the boardwalk at the beaver pond been washed out, removed or overtopped? When we were there in May there were a few places under water but for the most part it was dry.

I'm wondering where you got your trail chairs, what brand are they and what do they weigh? They look pretty slick.

HY
    “Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared” - Jack Handy

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast