Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Great pics. Beautiful country. Nice trails. Is that beetle kill i see in a couple of the pics??
    bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Great photos and report TR42. It was a lot of fun. I herd Bob and **** talking about possible locations for next year. I hope I can make it.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    Wow Trailryder, what a great report and pictures!

I'm attempting to get mine up on Facebook and it's a chore! Now I wish I had just done my report the way you did.
    Love your enemies, but keep your gun oiled!

I am a CONCENTRATED vegetarian. I let the cows eat all the grass, and then I eat the cows!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mbiraman View Post
    Great pics. Beautiful country. Nice trails. Is that beetle kill i see in a couple of the pics??
    bill
    Hi Bill, Thanks for the comments. Yes that is pine beetle kill.
    About 60% of the Western Slope of Colorado along the I-70 corridor is dead.
    I'm not sure about the rest of the Western slope since I never get over that way much.

TR42,
    Great report and pictures thanks so much. I guess I forget to warn you that 2 beers at 10,000 ft is like drinking a 6 pack. Oops!

There really was only one thing I missed on this trip and that was do to the evening rains.
    We had very little fireside talk time for jokes and stories.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images

Report by Waddy

I finally got my pictures uploaded to Facebook, with some great help from OutandBack. Click on the link and when you get there, click on the first picture. You will then have a full size picture which you can view at your leisure, then click on the little arrow on the right hand side to move to the next picture.
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...94327534&saved

I must apologize to our great host Food, as I do not have one single picture of him. What a bummer! Without Food and OutandBack, this hang would never have happened. Sorry my friend!

As has been mentioned, the first night at the campground we were thoroughly drenched by heavy rain. I finally figured out why there was a fire ban. The dang wood was too wet to burn!!

I was fortunate enough to ride along with Food and OutandBack on a surveilance tour the morning of the 8th. We drove up to Georgia Pass to see if the snow conditions would let us pass. It was one of those fresh, pristine Colorado Rockies morning and the scenery was absolutely breathtaking.

We made a car shuttle run to Frisco to stage vehicles for the end of the trip. There was a rumor around camp that we might have a dangerous, raging fugitive amongst our intrepid campers. The rumor was never truly substantiated though, as there were only two eyewitnesses to the crime. One is an old curmudgeon who makes saddles out of cow wrappers, and the other is referred to as a "damned Hoosier Texan", so the veracity and credibility of either one may be highly questionable. The only one who knows for sure is "The Man in Black". He did seem to do a lot of looking back over his shoulder during the hike, though in all fairness, this may have simply been due to his being in front of the pack most of the time.

Our man Nate from Texas taught us a new trick to keep up your sleeve. Within a half mile from the start of the hike, the sole of his hiking shoe decided to part company with the rest of the shoe. Of course, we volunteered the old Duct Tape remedy. But Nate had a better plan! He remembered he had packed a little tube of super glue in his first aid kit, so he promptly gave first aid to his hiking shoe and completely healed his sole (and maybe his soul!). That sole stayed on perfectly the entire remainder of the hike and at the end you could not even tell which shoe had been mended. I never would have believed it if I had not seen it. Yay, Nate.

Well, that's all the "news" I can think of for now. It was a great hike and even better friends.
    Love your enemies, but keep your gun oiled!

I am a CONCENTRATED vegetarian. I let the cows eat all the grass, and then I eat the cows!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waddy View Post

I must apologize to our great host Food, as I do not have one single picture of him. What a bummer! Without Food and OutandBack, this hang would never have happened. Sorry my friend!
    Great pictures Mike thank you. I almost forgot about our road trip to check snow conditions up top.
    Mt Guyot and the valley were exceptionally beautiful that morning.

Here's a picture of "food" that should complete your trip album Mike. There's a little story to this photo I'd like to share.
    I believe it was the morning of our second day of the hike and I was heading out first winding my way
    along the CT and I hear a noise coming up through the trees. Low and behold food pops out of the woods
    right on the trail and right next to a Colorado Trail Badge.
    I knew then and there this man knows theses woods. HaHa

Last edited by OutandBack; 07-14-2011 at 10:40.

Senior Member ringtail-THFKAfood's Avatar
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

road rage?

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Any good stories of shame or glory to share with the group?
    We are all sworn not to talk about the road rage situation.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    - Mark Twain

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Soooooo.....freakin.......jealous!!!!!! Great pictures.

Next time, brothers.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Soooooo.....freakin.......jealous!!!!!! Great pictures.

Next time, brothers.

DEJA VU

I have several thank you’s that need to go out.
    First to the group:
    Thank you for taking the chance and making the long drive to come hike and hang with us.
    Even when we were dog tired and getting rained on everyone of you were cutting jokes and
    making the best of it. It really kept me going. I so enjoyed your company.

To our Trip Leader,
    ****, I don’t quite know where to begin.
    Thank you for picking the trail. Performing all the background logistics.
    Organizing the scouting trip and vehicle shuttles. Planning multiple emergency bailouts
    location should someone get altitude sickness or injured.
    Being the last man in camp so no hiker was dropped or left behind and I do apologize
    for being that last man/slowest hiker. I’ll bet I really messed with your hiking pace.

My final Thank you goes out to JustJeff because without hammockforums we all would never have met.
    I know Jeff would have tried to make this trip if he was not deployed and fighting for freedom in our world.

Jeff, I don’t know if you have internet access where you are ( EDIT: well now I do, ) but I’d like you to know
    you were thought of often on this trip and prayers were given for your safe return home.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 07-14-2011 at 17:49.

Hammock
    WL lite owl
    Tarp
    camo BMJ
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Burrow
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Great pics and reports guys. It's nice seeing some of the pics that were taken of different views. I had to keep reminding myself to keep walking, it was so easy to stop and take pics or just stare at the beautiful scenery.

Definitely want to thank food and outandback for all the work you guys did before and during the trip. Your efforts went a long way in making this an awesome trip.

Hopefully I'll get to hang with all of you again soon. What a great group of guys.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast