Replacing HH stock line

I posted this as a reply to a thread in the supports thread, but if you're not using the "new posts" button, you probably don't check the "hammock supports" thread. So here it is:

I'm looking for a line that will replace a stock HH line. I bought my hammock at an REI attic sale and there's a spot on the cord where the covering is split and it's clearly starting to become unsafe. I like the line that comes stock on the HH, but I'm not sure where I can get some more. Anyone know?

Also, I need to know of something that I could use for this, from Just Jeff's. The line would be for attaching the rings to the hammock line, so I need something about the same size as the hammock lines, or a bit smaller. I saw that Jeff used AirCore Plus, but I have only seen that at backpackinglight.com and I don't want to shell out $40 for something that I only need 10 feet of and can only buy in 50 ft lengths.

thoughts?

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    HH use different types of line for different models of their hammocks. What model of HH do you have?

I contacted HH on getting some of that stiff, black Spectra that they use on the ULBA. After corresponding for a week, I finally got them to offer to sell me some...at .75 per foot. Ouch.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    HH use different types of line for different models of their hammocks. What model of HH do you have?

I contacted HH on getting some of that stiff, black Spectra that they use on the ULBA. After corresponding for a week, I finally got them to offer to sell me some...at .75 per foot. Ouch.
    OH NO! That's exactly the stuff that I wanted!!! Maybe I'll see if they can give me some or sell it to me at cost since there is a (cough cough) product malfunction...
    ...granted I bought it "used" (although it was only setup once) and not from them, but maybe tom hennessy will help me out?

Where else can I buy spectra line?

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    My understanding is that Dyneema and Spectra are more or less the same. Just different brand names for ultra high molecular weight fiber. Any place that sells rope/chord for boating. Check out www.apsltd.com 3mm at $0.50/ft.

• + New Posts