Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Synth UQ & Alpkit
    Suspension
    Homemade whoopies

Coming to Ontario for a visit...

Hi all,

I'm lucky enough to be coming over to Ontario in October with my wife to stay with some of her relatives.

We've got a pretty packed schedule, but I'm hoping to get a couple of days away with the wife somewhere more northern to have at least a decent day hike. Where would you recommend? The suggestions so far were a B&B in Algonquin Park or Huntsville...

Also, any must-visits in terms of outdoors shopping? We'll spend most of the two weeks in either Oakville or Delhi.

Many thanks in advance...

Neil
    "Every day's a school day!"

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskusdrotti View Post
    Hi all,

I'm lucky enough to be coming over to Ontario in October with my wife to stay with some of her relatives.

We've got a pretty packed schedule, but I'm hoping to get a couple of days away with the wife somewhere more northern to have at least a decent day hike. Where would you recommend? The suggestions so far were a B&B in Algonquin Park or Huntsville...

Also, any must-visits in terms of outdoors shopping? We'll spend most of the two weeks in either Oakville or Delhi.

Many thanks in advance...

Neil
    Greeting Neil

As for must-visits in terms of Outdoors shopping, I would suggest Mountain Equipment Co-Op. They have stores in Burlington and downtown Toronto. If you're staying in Oakville, the Toronto store would be the one to visit as it is a larger store. The Burlington store doesn't stock everything on their website.

Depending on how far you want to drive, Algonquin Park is about a 3.5 hour drive from the Toronto Area. Anywhere in that general area is great. The whole Muskoka region is also quite good. At the time you are coming over, the fall colours of the trees will be in full display. I would suggest you make your reservations for your trip north now due to the popularity of the area at that time of the year.

Cheers

Brian

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Hey Neil. Welcome in advance. As Brian said, Mountain Equipment Co-op is a great store to visit.
    I've been backpacking in Algonquin in October and the colours are great. Both times I went there was fairly warm weather in the day with crisp cool nights. You could car camp and take advantage of the many day hiking trails or even do a couple of nights on one of the backpacking trails.
    Keep in mind that we have our Thanksgiving is in October so if you happen to be here then, things may be closed on the Thanksgiving Monday.
    If you are not looking to do anything camping related, a couple nights in Niagara-on-the-Lake would be a nice get away. A B&B or maybe one of the Inns. Wine tours, fine dining, shopping, and Niagara Falls is a 20 minutes away.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

• + New Posts