WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I had heard that they were moving away from whoopies, so you might have gotten caught in the transition.

I'm sure they will make it right. Dale is one of the best guys I've dealt with since I got into hammocks. If that weren't the case I wouldn't have two TtTTG hammocks. Patience grasshopper.
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    ++2 for Dale. Upstanding guy!
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ^shane^ View Post
    I had heard that they were moving away from whoopies, so you might have gotten caught in the transition.

I'm sure they will make it right. Dale is one of the best guys I've dealt with since I got into hammocks. If that weren't the case I wouldn't have two TtTTG hammocks. Patience grasshopper.
    I was told the same thing about switching to straps and rings because that's what most people preferred. I was mistakenly sent 6' tree huggers with mine but a simple phone call corrected the mistake and I was told to keep the tree huggers anyway. Not to worry. Knowing you want to hang that sucker up immediately, I feel your pain. He'll make it right.

We even wound up ordering a second hammock which is in the mail right now.

Miguel

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    It always feels 50-50. As a customer who has purchased from many, many vendors on this forum - I get a sense that many of us here are very protective of them. Watching many of them start up from scratch and us trying to be part of their initial success and rise might be some of the reasons behind it. That being said, no one can doubt your disappointment at finding something that goes against expectation. All I can say is Dale is a stand up guy, who i have had a great customer experience with, and will make this right. There is no question.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

I also ordered a SL Switchback which came yesterday. I haven't had a chance to pull it out but I did notice the SMC rings and the rope. Guess I be making a call also.
    "There are places in this world that are neither here nor there, neither up nor down, neither real nor imaginary. These are the in-between places, difficult to find and even more challenging to sustain." - Thomas Moore

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    redbeard,

I called last week about my LH and spoke with Dale. He mentioned as an afterthought (like he almost forgot) that they had switched out all of their hammocks to straps, as they thought it would be easier to set up. I asked about the weight penalty. He said that they estimated it at about 1 oz.

I was disappointed. It wasn't posted on their site when I made the purchase. I'm game for anything, so I'll try the new system. But, I prefer whoopie slings.

I suspect that if enough people don't like the change/complain directly to them, they'll go back.

Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm sure this'll get worked out. I'm surprised they're going to ring buckles. And here I just switched my Hennessy from buckles to whoopies to match my Light Hiker.
    JaxHiker aka Kudzu - WFA
    Florida Trail Association: NE FL Trail Coordinator (Gold Head to Stephen Foster)
    Trail Issues? Please let me know.
    Blazing Trails with Kudzu @ www.idratherbehiking.com
    Follow me @idratherbhiking

Switchback

No reply from the TTT guys. Thats the problem I've had all along with this order. Trying to find out when it would ship, if it shipped and not being given a tracking number. I guess I'll just buy a set of whoopie slings and put them on .
    It's a lot less hassle that way. Sorry if I offended anyone over this issue.
    Redbeard

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by redbeard View Post
    No reply from the TTT guys. Thats the problem I've had all along with this order. Trying to find out when it would ship, if it shipped and not being given a tracking number. I guess I'll just buy a set of whoopie slings and put them on .
    It's a lot less hassle that way. Sorry if I offended anyone over this issue.
    Redbeard
    I think your good man. if you couldnt reach em then you couldnt reach em. Im sure you will hear from them by monday. Sorry to hear about the confusion man
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I like hearing about this kind of stuff. It helps me know which vendors to chose. I dislike buying online because you never really know what to expect until it shows up. Unfortunately for me most hammock gear comes from online vendors (I've found a good one!). I know mistakes happen but in fairness he did give them a chance to get it right...when he placed the order.
    "The only rule to survivialin is NEVER GIVE UP"
    Swinginranger

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast