Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    With Mod #2 (one long zipper, one half zip), you can also make your hammock into great chair. Unzip long zipper and half zipper, flip netting over the ridgeline and tie netting off to bottom half/side of hammock with 3 ties. Mod #2 gets netting completely out of way for hammock chair. Another reason I like this mod so much.

Mod #2 you can also unzip on both sides of hammock to reach out on either side.

HC
    Would any of these Mods get the net out of the way enough to use a PeaPod, which would have to completely encircle the hammock, either underneath the RL or where the RL adjustment mod has been made so that it can be disconnected?

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Would any of these Mods get the net out of the way enough to use a PeaPod, which would have to completely encircle the hammock, either underneath the RL or where the RL adjustment mod has been made so that it can be disconnected?
    I'm pretty sure mod #2 would. I saw HappyCamper's at MAHHA this spring. 2Q has pictures in his gallery. The money one is below

Goes without saying that side tie-outs won't be used. Said it anyway!

Grizz

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    I'm pretty sure mod #2 would. I saw HappyCamper's at MAHHA this spring. 2Q has pictures in his gallery. The money one is below

Goes without saying that side tie-outs won't be used. Said it anyway!

Grizz
    Thanks for that pic, it looks like it would work with the Pod.

Mod #2

I received my modded hyperlight today. I had #2 added with the full zip on the left side. All I can say is I wish I had this installed from day one. The quality of the installation is TOP NOTCH! They even rushed the order to make sure I had it in time for a upcoming trip and definitely beat the time I expected to get it turned around!

Hey folks,

I'm new to Hammock Forums -- Mainly because it never really occurred to me to search for one to join! I'm a member over at ADVrider.com, and I've been researching camping hammocks over there for a while. TexasRT snapped a photo of MOD #2, and, I must say, it has me sold on the HH now!

I was struggling for quite a while because the idea of not being able to use the hammock as a chair (like I do with my old camping hammock -- very similar to an ENO from about 2002) was really a deal-breaker for me. Well now that this is an option, I'm ready to purchase an HH. That is, of course, if 2Q and ZQ are still doing mods and are willing to do so for a new member.

I'm 5'9" and 220lb -- I want something light/compact (fit in a small backpack when I'm on my supermoto), but still roomy enough for comfort. I think the original (properly modified, of course) would fit the bill perfectly, but you guys are the experts! I'll be grateful for any input you're willing to throw my way.

Is there any model that you guys DON'T modify? Would you guys (ZQ/2Q) be willing to modify my hammock?

Thanks a bunch for the help -- I look forward to being a fellow HH owner!

I almost forgot to ask -- Is there a particular retailer you guys like to support? A sponsor? A great business person you'd like to throw a sale at?

Thanks!

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Just a note... I know lots of people are very happy with the zipper mod. If there is a waiting line, (I honestly don't know what their status is), the HH _can_ be used as a chair and lounger. I personally rarely do so but that's mostly because of the way I camp. It would not be the same using a no-net that way I am sure, but it can be done easily and safely. There is a video on the HH website showing how.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Husqvarna View Post
    Hey folks,

Is there any model that you guys DON'T modify? Would you guys (ZQ/2Q) be willing to modify my hammock?
    We have modified Hyperlights, Expeditions, Explorers, and Safari's so far with great results. Take a look at the Hennessy site and choose a model. You can have them ship it directly to me, when we're finished, we'll ship it to you. I'll PM you with the details.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Welcome to HF Husqvarna.
    How did you end up w/ that user name? I had a Husqvarna chain saw until some dingbat walked off w/ it. It was a great chain saw... I miss it<G>.
    I understand they make great sewing machines too... if cash flow isn't a problem. They do everything but the dishes<G>.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    Welcome to HF Husqvarna.
    How did you end up w/ that user name? I had a Husqvarna chain saw until some dingbat walked off w/ it. It was a great chain saw... I miss it<G>.
    I understand they make great sewing machines too... if cash flow isn't a problem. They do everything but the dishes<G>.
    Husqvarna also makes a great dirt bike. The bikes are beasts.
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast